SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Favourites
Cocu watch! EmptyYesterday at 6:38 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Retained List
Cocu watch! Empty2019-06-16, 8:40 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Lee Cattermole
Cocu watch! Empty2019-06-16, 9:30 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» I fell for that!
Cocu watch! Empty2019-06-14, 10:37 am by canary-dave

» Sunderland Legends
Cocu watch! Empty2019-06-14, 9:40 am by Hieronymus

» Molyneux gone
Cocu watch! Empty2019-06-14, 9:33 am by Hieronymus

» what would you do?
Cocu watch! Empty2019-06-14, 8:28 am by Kipper

» Killing the golden goose
Cocu watch! Empty2019-06-12, 9:21 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Its happened
Cocu watch! Empty2019-06-12, 8:56 am by cyprussyd

» Takeover
Cocu watch! Empty2019-06-11, 8:51 am by Kipper

Cocu watch!

Go down

Cocu watch! Empty Philip Cocu

Post  Guest on 2015-05-29, 11:04 am

Dutchman Philip Cocu, the PSV manager now in from 20-1 to 5-2 to be next manager. Could this be Dick's involvement?

Back to top Go down

Cocu watch! Empty Phillip Cocu

Post  fulwellend47 on 2015-05-29, 11:16 am

You could be right about the Advocaat influence:

For the 2012-13 season, the PSV board appointed Dick Advocaat as the new manager. Eager to gain more experience in coaching a team, Cocu took up the position of the PSV under-19 coach.[84] He also gave up his job as assistant manager at the Dutch national team after Euro 2012, in which the Netherlands were eliminated in the first round.[85] During the season, it was decided that Cocu would succeed Advocaat in case he would announce his departure.[86] When Advocaat quit post-season, Cocu signed a four-year contract as manager of PSV. Joined by Faber and Chris van der Weerden as his assistants, Cocu stressed his emphasis on developing players from the PSV youth ranks.[87] On 18th April, 2015, Philip Cocu won the Eredevisie after a 4-1 win over Heerenveen. This was PSV's first league title since 2008 and it ended a four year domination of the league by AFC Ajax[88]
fulwellend47
fulwellend47
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Cocu watch! Empty Re: Cocu watch!

Post  sunderpitt on 2015-05-29, 11:41 am

Never heard of him, but what do I know..no EPL experience but???

I think it could be somebody out of left-field but he (or she i.e who remembers the Manageress) has to have some knowledge of good payers to bring in. The Dutch often do well in England.
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2015-05-29, 11:42 am

Does this mean we are going from dick to cocu.
oxfordshire
oxfordshire
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Cocu watch! Empty Re: Philip Cocu

Post  fulwellend47 on 2015-05-29, 12:09 pm

Behave!
fulwellend47
fulwellend47
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2015-05-29, 12:51 pm

I am all up for a forward thinking young manager. Dont think all the British managers mentioned would cut the job needed at Sunderland. Like players its a gamble whoever you bring in.
barrowmackem
barrowmackem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2015-05-29, 1:50 pm

I remember him as a very good player, Barcelona as well as Dutch national team and captain, over 100 caps I am sure. Might be the right man if he comes with DAs recommendation and would have his support on a consultancy basis. It is a gamble but who isn't?
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-05-29, 2:20 pm

Well he has a funny name so its a yes from me

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2015-05-29, 10:21 pm

oxfordshire wrote:Does this mean we are going from dick to cocu.

fulwellend47 wrote:Behave!

Ya both nuts

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Cocu watch! Empty Cocu watch!

Post  Guest on 2015-05-29, 10:57 pm

14:36 - Sunderland

Sunderland are consulting Frank Arnesen, who has family ties to Philip Cocu's assistant at PSV Eindhoven, over their choice of manager.

The Black Cats canvassed Arnesen, the former PSV, Tottenham and Chelsea technical director who took on a similar role at Greek outfit PAOK Salonika this week, over their previous appointment of Dick Advocaat when Gus Poyet was fired in March.
Sunderland sporting director Lee Congerton is close to the Dane after Arnesen promoted him to chief scout at Chelsea and later appointed him to the technical director's role at Hamburg when he was in charge of football affairs at the club.
The 58-year-old's contacts on the continent are second to none and could come in handy again for Sunderland if they can tempt Cocu away from the Dutch champions.
The ex-Netherlands midfielder is still viewed as a rookie coach in his homeland but led PSV to the title with almost a month left of the season and could be the ideal candidate to take over at the Stadium of Light.
Cocu's assistant Chris van der Weerden is Arnesen's son-in-law and those family ties could be influential in deciding if the PSV boss is offered the job.
- See more at: http://www.sportinastorm.com/Premier-League/Sunderland/Arnesen-consulting-Cats-over-son-in-law%27s-pal-Cocu/X1Y76Z1940632#sthash.eb6Nb4Xj.dpuf

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-05-29, 11:00 pm

Cocu's price now shortened to 11/5 jf with fat Sam.

Back to top Go down

Post  black fox on 2015-05-30, 1:29 am

cocu sounds like good choice cos all the others dont excite me one little,but if we have to have one i think maclaren would get my vote.

Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-05-30, 7:08 am

In search of a fifth manager in just over two years following Dick Advocaat's decision not to continue in charge, the Black Cats have been linked with a move for the PSV boss
After leading Sunderland to safety during a successful three-month stint at the Stadium of Light, Dick Advocaat’s decision to reject a lucrative permanent contract leaves the club looking for a fifth manager in just over two years.

With Advocaat allegedly keen to advise the ownership on his successor, having previously been available at, PSV boss Phillip Cocu is now priced to be lured to the Premier League – rather slender odds for a man who has just lifted the Dutch title.

Owner Ellis Short will have to think long and hard about his next appointment if such instability is to be avoided in the future, with Sam Allardyce drifting slightly to to get the nod.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Currently available after leaving West Ham at the end of the season, the former Black Cats defender’s track record in the Premier League would undoubtedly make him an attractive prospect, although he is said to be reluctant to return to management so immediately.

In contrast, Paul Clement would no doubt jump at the chance of making his first step into management but it looks increasingly likely he will take over at Derby County this summer.

Steve McClaren, who has just left his position at the Rams after failing to make the play-offs, would undoubtedly represent a more attainable target and is on offer at to return to the Northeast region where he previously enjoyed success with Middlesbrough.

Slightly more glamourous an option would be former Swansea City boss Michael Laudrup, who is available at to move back the Premier League from his current job in Qatar.

Recently dismissed by Schalke, Roberto Di Matteo is a outsider to replace Advocaat, while David Moyes is also priced at despite stressing his intention to remain with present employers Real Sociedad.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-05-30, 9:32 am

Oh to be a Sunderland fan, I find myself getting excited about a manager I have never heard of and who will probably not come.

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2015-05-30, 9:43 am

cyprussyd wrote:Oh to be a Sunderland fan, I find myself getting excited about a manager I have never heard of and who will probably not come.

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

If Dicks involved I'm sure he will

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-05-31, 9:54 am

@YoungSunEcho Sunday Times reporting the Cocu link. Says he's been offered 3mil a year. Dyche would be another huge gamble. Big mistake

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2015-05-31, 10:45 am

cyprussyd wrote:@YoungSunEcho Sunday Times reporting the Cocu link. Says he's been offered 3mil a year. Dyche would be another huge gamble. Big mistake
Cocu is the one that interests me the most, especially as he has DA's recommendation by all accounts.  It will be a risk, but Koeman, Van Gaal and DA had never managed in the EPL either and they didn't do so bad this season!
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum