SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Sunderland vs Benfica B - Thursday 18th July
The 2015 Summer Rumour Mill EmptyYesterday at 11:38 pm by Hieronymus

» Got my pass, have you got yours?
The 2015 Summer Rumour Mill EmptyYesterday at 9:01 pm by Vincemac

» Good Luck
The 2015 Summer Rumour Mill Empty2019-07-17, 8:53 pm by Lever Malone

» Portugal
The 2015 Summer Rumour Mill Empty2019-07-17, 4:23 pm by cyprussyd

» SCMP
The 2015 Summer Rumour Mill Empty2019-07-16, 6:19 pm by gil t azell

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
The 2015 Summer Rumour Mill Empty2019-07-15, 11:17 pm by Hieronymus

» Wahbi Khazri
The 2015 Summer Rumour Mill Empty2019-07-15, 8:44 am by Hieronymus

» Love departs
The 2015 Summer Rumour Mill Empty2019-07-14, 9:08 am by barrowmackem

» McGeady
The 2015 Summer Rumour Mill Empty2019-07-14, 9:06 am by barrowmackem

» Twitter 1
The 2015 Summer Rumour Mill Empty2019-07-12, 5:19 pm by Hieronymus

The 2015 Summer Rumour Mill

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The 2015 Summer Rumour Mill Empty The 2015 Summer Rumour Mill

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-05-19, 6:41 am

The summer window will officially open on July 1, but Premier League clubs will no doubt be busy behind the scenes well before then. 
Expect clubs to announce signings throughout June (and maybe even beforehand) as they look to get their affairs in order in preparation for pre-season.
Traditionally, the curtain falls over the window on August 31.

With us still unsure of the league we will be in and no permanent manager at the help we will again be entering the window with two hands tied behind our backs so optimism is far from high.
Add in our usual shortage of funds and that slight optimism becomes a depressing pessimism but, we live in hope.
We can only hope that behind the scenes both manager and player recruitment is high on the agenda.

Last edited by cyprussyd on 2015-06-30, 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

The 2015 Summer Rumour Mill Empty Re: The 2015 Summer Rumour Mill

Post  Guest on 2015-05-19, 7:25 am

Player recruiting must be the top priority mate, as without it we will be back to this very same stage next season.
As for a manager I still maintain that the managers we need want total control over everything. That means no DOF and, crucially more funds.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-05-19, 12:26 pm

cyprussyd wrote:The summer window will officially open on July 1, but Premier League clubs will no doubt be busy behind the scenes well before then. 
Expect clubs to announce signings throughout June (and maybe even beforehand) as they look to get their affairs in order in preparation for pre-season.
Traditionally, the curtain falls over the window on August 31.

With us still unsure of the league we will be in and no permanent manager at the help we will again be entering the window with two hands tied behind our backs so optimism is far from high.
Add in our usual shortage of funds and that slight optimism becomes a depressing pessimism but, we live in hope.
We can only hope that behind the scenes both manager and player recruitment is high on the agenda.
Yep lets see what division (old fashioned word I know but I am an old fashioned bloke) we are in.

But if we stay up, we could have quite a clear out. Fletcher, Graham, Bridcutt Buckley, Giac, Alarvez, Gomez to name but a few and Coates will not be here or the Rev.
In, well two good strikers, Ings and Austin; a CB perhaps the Celtic player and swop Rodwell from midfield to CB.Then a couple of attacking midfieders (if AJ is cleared no wingers required as I imagine him and Watmore will fit the bill). Then cover for FBs and CBs.

If we go down we will still sell a few and bring in a couple of 'lesser' players no doubt.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-05-20, 10:11 pm

Right now we need a decision from eggnog. ...then Short needs to splash cash

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-05-20, 10:21 pm

sunderpitt wrote:Right now we need a decision from eggnog. ...then Short needs to splash cash
Sunderland manager Dick Advocaat on Sky Sports: "Arsenal had the possession but you know if you keep trying you get your chances. In the second half we had chances and we had to score. Arsenal were the better side but the organisation was unbelievably good. The emotion was so high. We only lost one in the last six and that is why they deserve to stay in. Our defence was great. An unbelievable feeling we did it by ourselves. The players gave everything to stay up. It is a beautiful stadium, facilities are great, but last couple of years not always lucky with things we have done. The players started believing.
"I will give an answer next week on my future."

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-05-20, 10:22 pm

We're all going to be on a high for next couple of days.......... at the very least

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2015-05-22, 3:54 pm

Coates has 12 months left on his Liverpool contract and is hinting signing for Sunderland is not out of the question. Liverpool may accept a fraction of the £7000000 invested in him.
barrowmackem
barrowmackem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  trouble_n_stripes on 2015-05-22, 4:09 pm

Rumours are still doing the rounds regarding Alvarez, is there any truth in the matter where we have
to now fork out 7.5m for him, now that we have stayed up. 

I thought the contract was breached due to lack of appearance's for us.
trouble_n_stripes
trouble_n_stripes
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Argus on 2015-05-22, 5:21 pm

Strong rumours that Jonny Evans will be released by Man U in July.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

To maintain our quota of ex-Reds, would he be the ideal replacement for Wes Brown who looks to have come to end of his time here?

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-05-22, 5:36 pm

Argus wrote:Strong rumours that Jonny Evans will be released by Man U in July.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

To maintain our quota of ex-Reds, would he be the ideal replacement for Wes Brown who looks to have come to end of his time here?
Yes, he is I think a little below Man United standard but would improve us and take us up a level.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2015-05-23, 12:29 am

trouble_n_stripes wrote:Rumours are still doing the rounds regarding Alvarez, is there any truth in the matter where we have
to now fork out 7.5m for him, now that we have stayed up. 

I thought the contract was breached due to lack of appearance's for us.
See  Post #4 on this thread: http://www.sunderlandmad.com/t12714-supposed-first-transfer

And breathe ....  Very Happy
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-05-23, 1:29 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Argus wrote:Strong rumours that Jonny Evans will be released by Man U in July.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-transfer-news-jonny-9305111

Yes, he is I think a little below Man United standard but would improve us and take us up a level.

would seem sensible...

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-05-23, 2:44 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-05-24, 10:05 am

The 2015 Summer Rumour Mill 3266290
Going back: Ricky Alvarez is returning to Italy 

share on Facebook

First published Thursday 21 May 2015 in Sport 
Last updated 17:19 Thursday 21 May 2015The 2015 Summer Rumour Mill 511480by Paul Fraser, Chief Football/Golf Writer

RICKY ALVAREZ will not be joining Sunderland this summer even though Premier League status has been secured.
It has been widely reported that the 26-year-old’s unsuccessful season-long loan would automatically become permanent if the Black Cats stayed up for a fee in the region of £7.5m.
But The Northern Echo understands there were clauses in the deal – thought to have been on appearances – which allowed the full-time transfer to be abandoned.
And now Alvarez, who has not featured since he was dragged off during the 4-0 defeat at home to Aston Villa, is set to return to Inter Milan after failing to impress Sunderland’s decision makers.
The Black Cats have made up their mind that they will not be pushing through an expensive deal for the Argentine regardless of who is in charge, with Dick Advocaat set to confirm a decision on his future after Sunday’s final game at Chelsea.
Alvarez, who has cost Sunderland a £1m loan fee so far, moved to Inter Milan with a big reputation after impressing for Velez Sarfield. He has, though, struggled to adapt to the pace of the Premier League, despite the fact Gus Poyet had expected him to be a key figure this season.
He has missed the last few weeks because of an apparent knee problem, but the fact he has made just five Premier League starts all season highlights why Sunderland are willing to let him return to Italy without fuss.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-05-24, 1:07 pm

Drogba announces he is leaving Chelsea straight after Sunderland game, maybe he is coming back on our bus, ger in Dick son.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-05-25, 11:18 am

Sunderland midfielder Emanuele Giaccherini is going nowhere this summer, as confirmed by his agent. Furio Valcareggi told Tutto Mercato Web today that, with Sunderland staying up, the Italian is to remain at the Stadium of Light. He stated:
“He will remain at Sunderland.
“The squad has achieved safety and now that he has recovered from his injury I won’t exclude that [Italy coach, Antonio] Conte will also remember about him."
The 30-year-old was a shock signing back in 2013. He arrived from Juventus for a fee reported by The Mirror to be in the £6.5 million region. He came as a regular in the Italian national team, but it has not been a great time on Wearside for the player.
The Italian, who has 21 caps for the Azzurri, played 32 times in his first season at the club, scoring five goals.
However 2014-15 has been spent mainly on the physio table. He has played just 10 games, and scored no goals, in a disappointing campaign.
In February he picked up a bad ankle injury which saw him ruled out for most of the remainder of the season.
He has been linked with a switch to struggling Italian giants AC Milan recently, but on that subject his agent was also unequivocal - he is going nowhere:
“Milan? It is not a winning project. They must look after costs and now coaches are not joining Milan. The project can’t be to become older and if you come second you lose.”
Sunderland fans will hope he can get himself fit and show some of the talent that made them splash the cash on the player just two years ago.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-05-25, 11:28 am

I have to say for the home games I have seen him play he lacks pace and strength. ....

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-05-25, 11:37 am

sunderpitt wrote:I have to say for the home games I have seen him play he lacks pace and strength. ....
certainty not set the world alight, yet

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-05-26, 9:44 am

An excerpt from a review of Rogers managing, even spending money does not always bring success. I am hoping we are going to push the boat out for new players but will they be any good?

The manager must take a degree of responsibility both for the signings and subsequent progress of Fabio Borini (£10.5m), Joe Allen (£15m), Adam Lallana (£25m), Lazar Markovic (£20m) Dejan Lovren (£20m), Mamadou Sakho (£18m), Mario Balotelli (£16m), Iago Aspas (£7.2m) and Rickie Lambert (£4m). Not to mention various expensive add-ons and loanees whose merits have so far remained obscure. For all the good business that may have gone the other way, it is a vast expense in a short time. Juventus, by comparison, have spent no more on a single player in the last few years than the £14.5m they gave Real Madrid for Álvaro Morata.
There is simply a sense of wastage there. Liverpool are the ninth richest club in the world, richer than Juventus, Borussia Dortmund, Milan and Atlético Madrid. But can they really afford to trust the same manager with another three seasons’ worth of transfer budget? Not least when the club is currently still in a transitional phase in its modern existence, working at a level where the margins are still fine, where every decision must be the right one, where every drop must be wrung from the playing assets.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry the Jinx on 2015-05-26, 5:33 pm

Rumours on FB that Catts has turned down a new contract.
Hope it's not true
Jerry the Jinx
Jerry the Jinx
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-05-26, 5:54 pm

Jerry the Jinx wrote:Rumours on FB that Catts has turned down a new contract.
Hope it's not true
I know what you mean but, I and maybe Catts may be looking at who the manager will be, what investment will be made and what the future is.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2015-05-26, 11:14 pm

Or he has been approached by a bigger club in or close to top four.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-05-27, 8:10 am

We apparently have signed a promising Swedish 16 year old....

I just think we are very poor in bringing youth into the first team...

Watmore is talked  up but has not played

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-05-27, 10:12 am

It comes with Liverpool having begun the task of weeding out the weak from their squad by telling Jose Enrique and Fabio Borini to find new clubs.
Enrique has spent most of the season injured, while Borini has been frozen out by Rodgers after rejecting a move to Sunderland last August.

Hard lines Fabio

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-05-29, 5:19 pm

Coates is wanted by Leics says The Hinkley Times :

http://www.hinckleytimes.net/sport/football/football-news/sunderland-face-fight-leicester-city-9355723

He's not worth £7m ? Surely ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum