SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» SUNDERLAND V FULHAM--The Match Day Thread
Today at 10:56 am by cyprussyd

» Predictions Week 17
Yesterday at 7:19 pm by oldblackcat

» In plain English please
Yesterday at 6:15 pm by cyprussyd

» Club sale close
Yesterday at 1:18 pm by sunderpitt

» Hi-ho
Yesterday at 9:14 am by Billy D

» Results of week 17 and fixtures for week 18
Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:05 pm by Mackemneil

» Jerry will be happy
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:37 pm by Hieronymus

» BRING A TIN
Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:24 am by Billy D

» League Table Week 16
Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:37 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Week 16
Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:34 am by Black Cat Kiwi

Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests :: 1 Bot

cyprussyd, Jerry the Jinx

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:57 am

SunderMad Blog...A SUMMER OF SHATTERED DREAMS

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SunderMad Blog...A SUMMER OF SHATTERED DREAMS

Post  cyprussyd on Mon May 18, 2015 7:07 am

SunderMad Blog

Lee Congleton
The Director of Football who joined us with glowing reviews, well connected, understood both domestic and foreign football and could deliver the quality needed.
He seemed unable to work with Poyet, may well have been Poyet's fault so benefit of the doubt there.
The little he has said would suggest he had quality lined up but they were rejected by Poyet, if true we should see some exciting additions to our squad in the coming months, I hate that word if, don t you.

Margaret Byrne
Our well connected highly regarded CEO, another quiet leader who we hear little from but it would appear a lady of immense power and influence at the club.
When I look at the club I see the club getting top dollar for the food and drink concessions and attracting world famous entertainers for the summer concerts. I see very good sponsorship deals and inroad into foreign lands. But on the field of play its dire and after all we are supposed to be a football club first and foremost.

Ellis Short
The quiet American billionaire owner of our club and again that word quiet needs to be highlighted. There can be no getting away from the fact that under his watch we have gone through manager after manger, bought in the main players that have taken us backwards and have maintained our premiership status by near luck more than skill or good judgement.

A few miles up the road we laugh at Newcastle and their owner, a man who never speaks and seems only interested in one think, making money.

His management style leave him open to abuse and ridicule but, is our owner any better?

Mr Shorts style, his demeanour and his likeability hide the fact that he speaks no more than Ashley and does not bring any greater success. Yes we have the derby victories in our favour but what else?

Like most of you I am passionate about my club Sunderland AFC and like most of you I have seen dark days but through it all I always had hope, hope of a better tomorrow, new manger, new beginning but after endless summers of new managers and continuing failure I find that hope is fading.

Mangers come and go, rebuilds take place and the same results are achieved, if you can say achieve. The reason is plain to see we never rebuild we tamper and we increasingly seem to have the unhappy knack of replacing with worse than we started with. We also seem to believe that the water in the wear has magic powers and it can cure the sick, what else could explain the constant buying of injury prone footballers with the belief they wont have those injuries with us?

Hopefully his final week will see us get the point needed to ensure our premier league status, hooray.

But what then, will we get it right and not only appoint the right manager but actually back the manager?

If the club think they can keep on getting it wrong and we will still take it, I fear they could well be wrong. There is and always will be a core support that will keep on taking it, every club has that but, the average 43,000 this season is not that core support, get it wrong again and we will soon see what our core support is.

We don t need protests or boycotts, more of the same will simply see more and more saying enough is enough.

Enjoy your summer break, it could be a long one.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: SunderMad Blog...A SUMMER OF SHATTERED DREAMS

Post  Hieronymus on Mon May 18, 2015 5:44 pm

67 views and no comments. Guess that means you have said it all Syd  Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry the Jinx on Mon May 18, 2015 5:53 pm

Hieronymus wrote:67 views and no comments. Guess that means you have said it all Syd  Very Happy
He certainly has.
No matter what happens in the next 2 games, I'll be glad when the season is over and I'm already glad that we've played our last home game.
Going to the match this season has mainly been a chore rather than a pleasure.
Having said that,season ticket has been renewed and  in @ 2 weeks time I'll be going mad for the new season to start - whatever division we're in -  and hope will once more spring eternal
It's official - I'm definitely a glutton for punishment Embarassed
Jerry the Jinx
Admin & Predictor Queen
Admin & Predictor Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on Mon May 18, 2015 6:13 pm

Agreed people can't add anything else to that except maybe changing to title to yet another summer of shattered dreams.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cire on Tue May 19, 2015 3:40 am

Byrne
cire

Back to top Go down

Post  leothelion on Tue May 19, 2015 8:20 am

Living in Birmingham, doesnt make it any less painful. I have stopped watching Jeff Stelling when Sunderland is playing, because its too nerve racking, and I,ll be glad when its all over. 
   Mind you I say the same thing every year, but come rain or shine, we( like London in the Blitz ) can take it
leothelion
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum