SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Favourites
Stoke v SAFC the aftermath EmptyYesterday at 6:38 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Retained List
Stoke v SAFC the aftermath Empty2019-06-16, 8:40 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Lee Cattermole
Stoke v SAFC the aftermath Empty2019-06-16, 9:30 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» I fell for that!
Stoke v SAFC the aftermath Empty2019-06-14, 10:37 am by canary-dave

» Sunderland Legends
Stoke v SAFC the aftermath Empty2019-06-14, 9:40 am by Hieronymus

» Molyneux gone
Stoke v SAFC the aftermath Empty2019-06-14, 9:33 am by Hieronymus

» what would you do?
Stoke v SAFC the aftermath Empty2019-06-14, 8:28 am by Kipper

» Killing the golden goose
Stoke v SAFC the aftermath Empty2019-06-12, 9:21 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Its happened
Stoke v SAFC the aftermath Empty2019-06-12, 8:56 am by cyprussyd

» Takeover
Stoke v SAFC the aftermath Empty2019-06-11, 8:51 am by Kipper

Stoke v SAFC the aftermath

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Stoke v SAFC the aftermath Empty Stoke v SAFC the aftermath

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-04-25, 5:03 pm

Yes its very disappointing and indeed worrying to drop into the bottom 3 but in reality it changes nothing, we must win our two home games and hope.

Larsson back next week and a draw is more than most expected today.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Stoke v SAFC the aftermath Empty Re: Stoke v SAFC the aftermath

Post  Guest on 2015-04-25, 5:07 pm

Not wholly unexpected mate but, as you say disappointing considering we got dry humped by Palace at home yet Hull go to them and win.

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2015-04-25, 5:07 pm

I have that sinking feeling!

We need goals!
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2015-04-25, 5:12 pm

talcnturnip wrote:Not wholly unexpected mate but, as you say disappointing considering we got dry humped by Palace at home yet Hull go to them and win.
I suspect a nefarious deal betwen Pardew and Bruce  Mad 

Gawd Leicester play Newcastle next week  affraid
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Siddall on 2015-04-25, 5:24 pm

The way I see it, we're a point closer to the team in 14th. We are now only 5 pts behind them with a game in hand. I'm glad to take a point here...
Siddall
Siddall
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2015-04-25, 5:32 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Yes its very disappointing and indeed worrying to drop into the bottom 3 but in reality it changes nothing, we must win our two home games and hope.

Larsson back next week and a draw is more than most expected today.
Lots of positives for me, despite being disappointed at our current position.

I only listened on radio but my impression was we were a bit lucky that Connor scored a goal in first minute, then we fought a rearguard action for the rest of the first half, with Pants saving quite a few shots and his goal only breached by another great shot from Adam. 

Second half played pretty well, made quite a few chances and Defoe and Connor should probably have scored at least one of them. Sounded like Coates and JOS played okay, despite quite a nervy first half and JOS possibly losing some teeth! PVA and Jones did well at fullback and tried to get forward as much as possible. Graham did his best and helped us be a more attacking force in second half.

Next week Seb will be back to shore up the midfield, as Rodwell was pretty much a man missing and Gomez's corner kicks were woeful, although he was also involved in a lot of the good moves we made. Cattermole had a good game considering he had an early booking.

Normally would have been happy with this result, but Hull and Leicester winning makes the table look scary. 

It will come down to us vs Leicester on 16th May I think.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2015-04-25, 5:34 pm

you cant miss guilt edge chances and expect to survive. Very dissapointed tonight as we created today.
barrowmackem
barrowmackem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-04-25, 5:35 pm

A point was moe than I thought we'd get mate just a pity other teams are winning games and, what happened to Hulls terrible run in?
Our two remaining home games are vital now beat Leicester and get a point off Southampton and we should be okay here's hoping anyway.

Back to top Go down

Stoke v SAFC the aftermath Empty Stoke v SAFC the aftermath

Post  Guest on 2015-04-25, 5:43 pm

Some positives today, second half was vast improvement. Catt`s was magnificent, if a bit lucky not to be sent off, Wickham looked like he would have lived or died for the cause, he never stopped running and Pants made a couple of worldies.

But Gomez and Buckley shouldn't even make the reserves... for my last Sunday morning Pub 11.

Stoke have never been an easy side to play. They bullied us all over the park. Got to get a result against Southampton next week. Bottom 3 now, getting nervous.

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2015-04-25, 5:46 pm

I was so nervous I could not watch the 2nd half, Rodwell was poor, was he.

I kind of expect Gomez and Buckley to be useless so no surprises there.
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-04-25, 7:21 pm

Well football is all about opinions and I will give mine on our whipping boys

GOMEZ
For me had a decent game, corners poor but in play always looking for that pass, certainly far from our worst player today.

COATES
Had a solid game for me, no worse than OShea IMO

BUCKLEY
Again did OK and made our goal.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2015-04-25, 7:25 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Well football is all about opinions and I will give mine on our whipping boys

GOMEZ
For me had a decent game, corners poor but in play always looking for that pass, certainly far from our worst player today.

COATES

BUCKLEY
I only saw a few minutes of the game..so I will take your expert opinion as gospel. What about Rodwell other forums have him as cackling plod well as Adams was running midfield
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2015-04-25, 7:29 pm

We are Sky game of the day at 8pm  so I will watch and see if my own eyes back up what I was listening to on the commentary.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-04-25, 7:38 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Well football is all about opinions and I will give mine on our whipping boys

GOMEZ

COATES

BUCKLEY
I only saw a few minutes of the game..so I will take your expert opinion as gospel. What about Rodwell other forums have him as cackling plod well as Adams was running midfield
I am only an expert in my own house, when Osca is asleep.

Rodwell was again poor and when Catts got his silly yellow card we needed Rodwell to step up, he didnt

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2015-04-25, 7:45 pm

Recording it, watching cricket as way win a test!
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Stoke v SAFC the aftermath Empty Advocaat hails ‘good point’

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-04-25, 8:42 pm

Advocaat hails ‘good point’ and remains confident that Sunderland will still beat the drop

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Connor Wickham revels in his early opener for Sunderland at Stoke

Chris Young

[email=chris.young@jpress.co.uk][size=18][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/email]

18:12Saturday 25 April 2015[/size]

DICK ADVOCAAT is still optimistic of Sunderland’s survival prospects, despite the Black Cats dropping into the relegation zone for only the second time this season.

Sunderland produced a determined effort at Stoke City today to record their 15th Premier League draw of the campaign, albeit Advocaat’s men spurned several second half chances to come away with maximum points.

But victories elsewhere for Hull and Leicester saw Sunderland sink into the bottom three, with the Black Cats a point adrift heading into the final five games of the campaign.

Advocaat was not too dismayed at the league table though, believing his players demonstrated that there is the commitment within their ranks to avoid the drop.

“We have to do it by ourselves and today was a good point,” said Advocaat.

“We have to take it into the next game against Southampton.

“If we can keep that same commitment, I’m very positive.

“I was surprised about Hull winning away, but we have to do that as well.

“We were close in the second half, but not close enough.

“Next week it is our chance again.

“We still have five games to go and everything is open with the bottom six clubs.

“We try to be positive as a team and we showed that in the second half.”

Sunderland got off to a dream start when Connor Wickham bundled the visitors ahead after just a minute, before Jermain Defoe spurned a glorious chance to double the advantage - only two minutes before Charlie Adam levelled for Stoke.

However, that equaliser for Stoke was a deserved one, with the Potters dominating the first half and Sunderland struggling to get a foothold in midfield.

Advocaat changed his formation at the interval from 4-3-3 to 4-4-2 - replacing Will Buckley and Danny Graham - and Sunderland were much-improved, with Wickham, Defoe and Billy Jones all going close.

“I think the first half we played pretty poorly and it was lucky that it stayed 1-1 at half-time, so I could change something in the line-up,” added Advocaat.

“We had some problems picking up players.

“But after the change in the second half, everyone knew what to do and from then on, we also started playing football and it was much better.

“We created three or four good opportunities, but you have to score those kind of chances at this level.”

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2015-04-25, 8:44 pm

That was one hard earned point and with a bit more finesse could have been the three. Whatever we think about individual players they all put in one hell of a shift . The Adam's goal was outstanding so after the last game this was chalk and cheese.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-04-25, 8:45 pm

Nostalgic wrote:That was one hard earned point and with a bit more finesse could have been the three. Whatever we think about individual players they all put in one hell of a shift . The Adam's goal was outstanding so after the last game this was chalk and cheese.
APPL APPL APPL

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2015-04-25, 9:51 pm

Nostalgic wrote:That was one hard earned point and with a bit more finesse could have been the three. Whatever we think about individual players they all put in one hell of a shift . The Adam's goal was outstanding so after the last game this was chalk and cheese.
I agree. I have watched the full match now and cannot fault any player for effort or commitment, except maybe Rodwell, who still failed to impose himself on the game, as I think he was intended to, when we bought him. But he got better as the game went on and even some people's)boo boys, Gomez, Coates and Graham played their parts, in us getting what might be a crucial point.

We made quite a few scoring chances and, but for two good clearances, from Shawcross and Pieters, Wickham could have had another 2 goals. Defoe should have scored when he hit the side netting, and only an excellent save by Begovic stopped that shot from Jones too. Not forgetting Pants, who made a couple of very good saves himself towards the end, to ensure we took the point.

I think John O'Shea needs a special mention. After the mistakes of the last game, it was clear he was nervous in the first half. But he played on very bravely, after a kick in the face that probably means he now needs plastic surgery!
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2015-04-26, 11:39 am

I think lots of Fans are being over critical of what most of them think are our "crap" players....everyone in the team gave their all and most made mistakes but barring a great goal by Adams and better finishing we could have had 3 points yesterday
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-04-26, 11:42 am

oldblackcat wrote:I think lots of Fans are being over critical of what most of them think are our "crap" players....everyone in the team gave their all and most made mistakes but barring a great goal by Adams and better finishing we could have had 3 points yesterday
thumb

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-04-26, 11:45 am

Thing is OBC they are crap or we wouldn't be where we are mate and, putting in a shift now is possibly too little too late how about putting in a shift against Villa or Palace? That is what people see and that is why people are as you think are over critical.

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2015-04-26, 11:54 am

cyprussyd wrote:
oldblackcat wrote:I think lots of Fans are being over critical of what most of them think are our "crap" players....everyone in the team gave their all and most made mistakes but barring a great goal by Adams and better finishing we could have had 3 points yesterday
thumb
Yep move onto next Saturday now.

3 points pleadr
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2015-04-26, 12:04 pm

Don't get me wrong Talc,several players aren't up to standard but I still think some fans are over critical of them.....Last week O'Shea for instance, took a hell of a lot of stick off fans about how crap he was and supposedly has been all season...some players I would say are worse than others and too many inconsistent, that combined with lack of goals is why we're down where we are.....
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2015-04-26, 1:54 pm

Jos has had some very good games for us this season. It is just when he becomes unstuck he does so spectacularly and we get thumped.
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum