SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Favourites
We seem to have forgotton EmptyYesterday at 6:38 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Retained List
We seem to have forgotton Empty2019-06-16, 8:40 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Lee Cattermole
We seem to have forgotton Empty2019-06-16, 9:30 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» I fell for that!
We seem to have forgotton Empty2019-06-14, 10:37 am by canary-dave

» Sunderland Legends
We seem to have forgotton Empty2019-06-14, 9:40 am by Hieronymus

» Molyneux gone
We seem to have forgotton Empty2019-06-14, 9:33 am by Hieronymus

» what would you do?
We seem to have forgotton Empty2019-06-14, 8:28 am by Kipper

» Killing the golden goose
We seem to have forgotton Empty2019-06-12, 9:21 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Its happened
We seem to have forgotton Empty2019-06-12, 8:56 am by cyprussyd

» Takeover
We seem to have forgotton Empty2019-06-11, 8:51 am by Kipper

We seem to have forgotton

Go down

We seem to have forgotton Empty We seem to have forgotton

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-04-09, 8:08 am

With General Election fever about to take off, well it is for anyone interested, we read the polls, talk Cameron, Clegg, Milliband and Farage and who we are voting for.

But in all the national talk we seem to have forgotten that the General Election is not supposed to be about electing the next government or PM, its all about electing the person who you want to represent your constituency in parliament.

How many of us know about the candidates in our constituency, their names and what's more their values?

I have a choice of 6, they are,

Liam Clark UK Independence Party (UKIP)
Craig Martin Liberal Democrats
John Marshall Independent
Jonathan Elmer Green Party
Roberta Blackman-Woods Labour Party
Rebecca Coulson Conservative Party

John Marshall my independent choice has a very compelling reason for my vote, he is an avid Sunderland fan, is that a good reason for giving him my vote?

Of course this is all academic because I live in an area where I know now who my next MP will be, Roberta Blackman-Woods. I have nothing against Ms Blackman-Woods indeed she has been of help to me in the past its the system I dont like.

I just cant get my head around all the hype when I know now that a few constituencies will determine our next government and our next PM.

Indeed it is looking more and more likely that our next PM will be decided by a group of MPs who we cant vote for and dont even want to be part of our government. We could well end up with a Labour government and Ed Milliband our next PM but with the SNP wagging the tail.

I am a big SNP and Nicola Sturgeon fan but do I want her to run the UK, where exactly is that option on the ballet paper.

I know many think that the present system is the best we can have but it leaves me in real confusion and feeling on the outside no matter how loud I shout.

I know I wont be voting Labour or Tory because I dont trust either so my vote will be a protest vote, not by choice, its just how the system makes it.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum