SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Charlton v Sunderland
Potential New Feature EmptyToday at 5:05 am by canary-dave

» Come back Theresa
Potential New Feature EmptyYesterday at 8:08 pm by canary-dave

» Annette's new diet is working
Potential New Feature Empty2019-05-23, 6:00 pm by canary-dave

» London-Breaking News
Potential New Feature Empty2019-05-23, 4:51 pm by Sid MCFC

» Stewart Donald, never fails to amaze me.
Potential New Feature Empty2019-05-23, 3:06 pm by Kipper

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
Potential New Feature Empty2019-05-22, 10:55 pm by Hieronymus

» New Home Strip
Potential New Feature Empty2019-05-22, 10:49 pm by Hieronymus

» New Scotland manager
Potential New Feature Empty2019-05-22, 6:38 pm by cyprussyd

» Playoff final, a Charlton view
Potential New Feature Empty2019-05-21, 9:50 am by Vincemac

» You are shit
Potential New Feature Empty2019-05-20, 9:26 pm by Nostalgic

Potential New Feature

Go down

Are you interested in a website integrated into Sundermad that will allow you to post Player Ratings after each game?

Potential New Feature Vote_lcap71%Potential New Feature Vote_rcap 71% 
[ 5 ]
Potential New Feature Vote_lcap0%Potential New Feature Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Potential New Feature Vote_lcap29%Potential New Feature Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 7

Potential New Feature Empty Potential New Feature

Post  Hieronymus on 2015-04-07, 5:33 pm

After the euphoria of the weekend perhaps it is time for a new discussion point before we start agonising over Saturday's game!
I got this PM a couple of days ago (actually from the forum member voopl who was registered as number 666  affraid ) I think he picked me as Syd jokingly has me down as something like Admin Problem Solver! 

Anyway I have had a look at the links he included (see below) and I think it may be quite interesting. If we get enough people wanting this we can add it as a season long thing for next year, perhaps integrating with our Man of the Match poll somehow. Siddall did try to get a player rating thread going earlier this season but sadly only a few of us participated so it died a death. I think it would be unfair to expect these lads to go to the effort to create a site for us if we won't ever use it! So can you add a comment to let me know if you are interested and more importantly if you would contribute on a weekly basis?

Thanks,

'H'

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi,

We're a startup from France, and more importantly, football fans.

We have an idea we would like to share with the forumeurs of sunderlandmad, but we wanted to have the opinion of the administrator first.

We've imagined and built a website allowing people to vote for their favorite club's player's performance on each match.
This allows fans, and more precisely forums to have a unified voting system and get a better view of their team's individual and collective performances throughout the season: ratings for players, teams, matches, sorted by season or competition; comparison between different teams over a period...

The goal is to have as many people as possible to participate, and weigh against media and journalists which almost only rely on goals and assists to evaluate players performances nowadays. Fan votes, even though they're not perfect, give a different vision of a match than these stats.
An algorithm has been put in place and will be perfected through time to ignore spammers as well as "troll" votes such as giving everyone either 1 or 10.

This platform has already been integrated into a few fan forums, such as BayernForum.com or Gunners.fr . The first games already showed a difference between fan and journalist voting, the former being much less prone to overrating hyped strikers and underrating defenders.

The site is still in beta and votes are only allowed for a few teams. The aim of the platform being quality votes, people are only allowed to choose and vote for one team.

If you like the idea and want to try the system out, let us know and we will add Sunderland.

Kind regards,
Mehdi and the Voopl Team.

Last edited by Hieronymus on 2015-04-08, 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added a Poll)
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Potential New Feature Empty Re: Potential New Feature

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-04-07, 5:58 pm

My old head is struggling to understand how we fit it in, not against it at all just struggling with how it works.

That said its not a problem, I will just vote when its done and hopefully H thats your job, to sort it.

Anything that adds life to SunderMad is fine by me but you are spot on, its down to will the members use it.

Neils fantasy football and OBC quiz are both, IMO, good but despite all the work that goes in by Neil and OBC they are ignored by most.

Fingers crossed they fires interest.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2015-04-07, 6:35 pm

cyprussyd wrote:My old head is struggling to understand how we fit it in, not against it at all just struggling with how it works.

That said its not a problem, I will just vote when its done and hopefully H thats your job, to sort it.

Anything that adds life to SunderMad is fine by me but you are spot on, its down to will the members use it.

Neils fantasy football and OBC quiz are both, IMO, good but despite all the work that goes in by Neil and OBC they are ignored by most.

Fingers crossed they fires interest.
Might need some help as these were the instructions I received:

We developed a mod for phpBB, so if the members are interested, we could install the mod, and integrate the system right into the forum.
It's really simple.

Once it's installed, you just need to create a topic for each game's ratings, and put a phpBBCode like this : [voopl=2014-04-11][/voopl]
So you just put the date of the match (Here, 11/04 is the next match of Sunderland).
It will create an iframe, where people just have to click on Voopl Connect (the first time), to link their account with the website.
Then they can vote and see the average ratings right from the forum [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.].

affraid affraid affraid affraid

He obviously thought I was more technical than I am. I said I would get back to him once I had some gauge of interest from the forum.

The uses would be that their website would compare our fans ratins against local and national media ratings. That is interesting to me to see if we are more honest, more discerning, or more stupid than these other outlets! We could also use it to work out man of the match and man of the season.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-04-07, 7:29 pm

Right H we now have a prediction League board for you, no ides how they link it but I'm sure they do and we can try it out for the Palace game so over to them, let me know what they need

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2015-04-07, 7:38 pm

I do OBCs quiz now or at least when I'm sober.
I did MNs predictor the season before last but had a lot of problems late last year and early this year hence never did it this season.
Likewise I started Js predictor late due to aforementioned problems.
I could never sort out the voting for MotM possibly due to being on iPad, not sure tho.

Deffo think its worth a try for at least a season.
Do a little poll to see if it's feasible/justifiable?
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-04-09, 9:31 am

The normal high demand it seems

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2015-04-09, 10:04 am

cyprussyd wrote:The normal high demand it seems
Not for me sorry, just don't have the time.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2015-04-09, 11:23 am

cyprussyd wrote:The normal high demand it seems
Yeah, it reflects what happened when Siddall tried a thread on this earlier in the season. 

I will just get back to the voopl lads and say not enough interest to make it worth their time to set up.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-04-13, 2:21 pm

Hi everyone,

I just saw this post, and so I wanted to participate.

The installation of the system in a phpBB takes 5mn (copying a file and few lines of code in another one), and it does not require any work on our end.

We are trying to build a global rating system. We just started and the goal is to have something like Opta, but with fans participating by rating players, referees, and how they liked the game.
So even if there are only 5 votes per week, it's fine by us.
We have 14 partner forums as of today, and the number of votes is not the most important for now. What we want is having a minimum number of fan representing their team.

Cheers,
Mehdi @ Voopl.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2015-04-14, 11:46 am

I think our feelings of despair after Saturday, as well as anger at the position we find ourselves in again, together with generally being fed up with the lot of them, has resulted in the lack of interest in this feature for now. 

But I have suggested to Mehdi of Voopl that we will try this out from the start of next season, when hopefully we will be feeling a bit more optimistic and a few of us will be prepared to fill in the ratings for each player. I don't suppose it will matter what division we are in  tongue
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum