SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Favourites
The General Election Thread + Manifestos. EmptyYesterday at 6:38 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Retained List
The General Election Thread + Manifestos. Empty2019-06-16, 8:40 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Lee Cattermole
The General Election Thread + Manifestos. Empty2019-06-16, 9:30 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» I fell for that!
The General Election Thread + Manifestos. Empty2019-06-14, 10:37 am by canary-dave

» Sunderland Legends
The General Election Thread + Manifestos. Empty2019-06-14, 9:40 am by Hieronymus

» Molyneux gone
The General Election Thread + Manifestos. Empty2019-06-14, 9:33 am by Hieronymus

» what would you do?
The General Election Thread + Manifestos. Empty2019-06-14, 8:28 am by Kipper

» Killing the golden goose
The General Election Thread + Manifestos. Empty2019-06-12, 9:21 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Its happened
The General Election Thread + Manifestos. Empty2019-06-12, 8:56 am by cyprussyd

» Takeover
The General Election Thread + Manifestos. Empty2019-06-11, 8:51 am by Kipper

The General Election Thread + Manifestos.

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The General Election Thread + Manifestos. Empty The General Election Thread + Manifestos.

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-04-01, 3:01 am

For political junkies like me.

All I known is I wont be voting Tory, how will the coming weeks sway me?

Right now Labour have taken the lead and Camerons cronies seem in self destruct mode, will that change?

This may well be a quiet thread.

Last edited by cyprussyd on 2015-04-15, 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

The General Election Thread + Manifestos. Empty Re: The General Election Thread + Manifestos.

Post  canary-dave on 2015-04-01, 5:28 am

I will be voting Labour even though they have no chance in this constituency but if I don't vote for who I want, how can I complain about who we get?

canary-dave
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

The General Election Thread + Manifestos. Empty Re: The General Election Thread + Manifestos.

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-04-01, 7:19 am

canary-dave wrote:I will be voting Labour even though they have no chance in this constituency but if I don't vote for who I want, how can I complain about who we get?
And it must be good to be so sure Dave but I guess what I want is an end to the broken two party system. And that is my problem, indeed you sum it up well, you are voting knowing your vote in that area is wasted, that cant be right.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2015-04-01, 8:30 am

So, what does it mean to you, are you concerned you won't be able to eat and heat.Have you health concerns, are you worried about investments, or don't you give a shit who gets in.
vinkel
vinkel
National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-04-01, 10:44 am

vinkel wrote:So, what does it mean to you, are you concerned you won't be able to eat and heat.Have you health concerns, are you worried about investments, or don't you give a shit who gets in.
I eat well but have changed my shopping and now visit a number of shops to cut cost, I used to do all my shopping in one supermarket

Heat well, I always have insisted on being warm but again changed provider

Health concerns yes and its the unbridled attack on the disabled more than anything else that will stop me ever voting Tory

No investments so no worries

And I care with a passion

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-04-01, 6:50 pm

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

The General Election Thread + Manifestos. Empty Is Farage the master tactician?

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-04-03, 8:06 am

Nigel steals the show, for everyone in a rage over Farage on the debate just look at every headline and see who everyone is talking about.

Were his comments a disgrace? If he had said its wrong that people use our stretched NHS for a free fix taking money out when they have put nothing in people would agree but it would have been lost. 
Stick in HIV and he grabs every headline.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-04-03, 10:31 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-04-03, 10:46 am

I am one of the undecided.

I have never voted Tory in my life but can't forget the unholy mess that Labour created and blindly presided over last time up - I also think that Ed Balls is the least trustworthy politician ever, which takes some doing.

The LD's have been found out and are now an irrelevance and UKIP simply don't have any depth on any policy other than immigration and EU membership to be taken seriously, ditto the Greens on whatever it is their policy is.

For passion and commitment the SNP have improved immeasurably since the referendum but I can't see them putting up a candidate in Thirsk!!!!

I shall watch and wait and then make my mind up based on who impresses me the most.

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2015-04-03, 2:15 pm

Reiver wrote:I am one of the undecided.

I have never voted Tory in my life but can't forget the unholy mess that Labour created and blindly presided over last time up - I also think that Ed Balls is the least trustworthy politician ever, which takes some doing.

The LD's have been found out and are now an irrelevance and UKIP simply don't have any depth on any policy other than immigration and EU membership to be taken seriously, ditto the Greens on whatever it is their policy is.

For passion and commitment the SNP have improved immeasurably since the referendum but I can't see them putting up a candidate in Thirsk!!!!

I shall watch and wait and then make my mind up based on who impresses me the most.

I know Labour were in power when the banks screwed up and perhaps regulations should have been better...but I still think it was mostly US banks which we did not control and nobody tories to labour said more regulation was needed. In addition regulation would not have helped as finaciers would have found their way around then anyhow.

Since then the tories, without labour sticking it back to and the bankers, have used this as an excuse to slaughter those on benefits and low wages (blaming them for what the crisis the bankers etc caused) and to implement their own agenda ,lower taxes for the better off and large international companies .
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-04-04, 7:55 am

sunderpitt wrote:

I know Labour were in power when the banks screwed up and perhaps regulations should have been better...but I still think it was mostly US banks which we did not control and nobody tories to labour said more regulation was needed. In addition regulation would not have helped as finaciers would have found their way around then anyhow.

Since then the tories, without labour sticking it back to and the bankers, have used this as an excuse to slaughter those on benefits and low wages (blaming them for what the crisis the bankers etc caused) and to implement their own agenda ,lower taxes for the better off and large international companies .
This is the problem for me with our two party system - they are both committed to one part of society and a bit blind to the rest.   The Tories are quite good for business and the economy but not so clever with people whilst the reverse is true with Labour.

If they genuinely had the best interests of the people and the country in their hearts instead of political in fighting and scoring points then a hung parliament and a coalition of all parties would be the best result.  As it is we know that all any of them would do is simply say that whatever it is that the other party have suggested is crape without ever saying what they would do is so much better.

That is one reason why I never watch Question Time!

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2015-04-04, 11:46 am

cyprussyd wrote:Nigel steals the show, for everyone in a rage over Farage on the debate just look at every headline and see who everyone is talking about.

Were his comments a disgrace? If he had said its wrong that people use our stretched NHS for a free fix taking money out when they have put nothing in people would agree but it would have been lost. 
Stick in HIV and he grabs every headline.
I kinda like his views on immigration but the way he put it across was pathetic which points to he is not ready to lead the UK.
barrowmackem
barrowmackem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2015-04-04, 1:03 pm

Reiver wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:

This is the problem for me with our two party system - they are both committed to one part of society and a bit blind to the rest.   The Tories are quite good for business and the economy but not so clever with people whilst the reverse is true with Labour.

If they genuinely had the best interests of the people and the country in their hearts instead of political in fighting and scoring points then a hung parliament and a coalition of all parties would be the best result.  As it is we know that all any of them would do is simply say that whatever it is that the other party have suggested is crape without ever saying what they would do is so much better.

First of all no business makes money without the help of his/her workers. So many people seem to forget that.

Labour came into being to protect workers from expoitative Victorian employers and with the aim of developing a better way of working together to the benefit of all. And this worked for many years with Tories coming to accept the social contract they had with their workforce, and appreciating that their businesses and the overall economy would not thrive without public funding for essential services like healthcare, education, welfare, as well as infratsructure; roads, railways and commnications. 

Then we got Thatcher, who destroyed the unions and their power to keep mercenary employers in check and began the privatisaton and marketisaton of public services, selling them off largely to foreign owners, and taking public money OUT of the UK. Even worse, she deregulated the financial markets that allowed greedy, unprincipled bankers to steal money from their customers and shareholders, resulting in the inevitable crash of 2008 with banks having to be supported by the public purse to the tune of £133 bllion in cash, plus £1029 billion guarantees. For comparison, net spend on the NHS in England last year was £110 billion. And so far not a single banker has been prosecuted despite recent financial scandals; many benefit claimants have not been so lucky.

Now while the financial crash may have actually happened on Labour's watch, the seeds were sown back in the 80's and early 90's, under years and years of Tory government. So while I accept New Labour did not do enough to reverse the changes, it totally amazes me how anyone can still think the Tories are good for UK business and the economy????
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2015-04-05, 1:10 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-04-06, 12:07 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
Reiver wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:

First of all no business makes money without the help of his/her workers. So many people seem to forget that.

Labour came into being to protect workers from expoitative Victorian employers and with the aim of developing a better way of working together to the benefit of all. And this worked for many years with Tories coming to accept the social contract they had with their workforce, and appreciating that their businesses and the overall economy would not thrive without public funding for essential services like healthcare, education, welfare, as well as infratsructure; roads, railways and commnications. 

Then we got Thatcher, who destroyed the unions and their power to keep mercenary employers in check and began the privatisaton and marketisaton of public services, selling them off largely to foreign owners, and taking public money OUT of the UK. Even worse, she deregulated the financial markets that allowed greedy, unprincipled bankers to steal money from their customers and shareholders, resulting in the inevitable crash of 2008 with banks having to be supported by the public purse to the tune of £133 bllion in cash, plus £1029 billion guarantees. For comparison, net spend on the NHS in England last year was £110 billion. And so far not a single banker has been prosecuted despite recent financial scandals; many benefit claimants have not been so lucky.

Now while the financial crash may have actually happened on Labour's watch, the seeds were sown back in the 80's and early 90's, under years and years of Tory government. So while I accept New Labour did not do enough to reverse the changes, it totally amazes me how anyone can still think the Tories are good for UK business and the economy????
There is no chance that I am ever going to write a single word of praise for Thatcher's handling of the economy but it's nearly 35 years since she has been in power and so whilst she, Lawson and Lamont laid the platform for the abuse of the bankers all those that followed were equally culpable.   when times were good each chancellor in succession was willing to turn a blinds eye to the abuse of regulation because of the returns that the banks were bringing to the economy.

Ed Balls was an integral part of both Browns and Darlings teams and therefore for him to sit there and say that we should trust him to run the economy is quite honestly laughable.  Do you remember the note his team left when they lost the last election?  I am paraphrasing but it was along the lines of "Don't go looking for the money, there isn't any ha ha". 

For balance I don't like Osborne and think Danny Alexander is nothing more than a lap dog.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-04-07, 8:55 pm

I have realised that my maths are clearly pretty rubbish - it is only 25 years since Thatcher was in power and not 35 as I said earlier.

The good news is that I've decided that this means that I'm also 10 years younger than I first thought!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-04-07, 8:58 pm

Reiver wrote:I have realised that my maths are clearly pretty rubbish - it is only 25 years since Thatcher was in power and not 35 as I said earlier.

The good news is that I've decided that this means that I'm also 10 years younger than I first thought!!!!!
rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-04-08, 10:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2015-04-09, 11:23 am

Somebody this morning asked me about voting, the only point that came to mind is that anybody that votes tory or ukip is a tw*t. The rest of it waffling on about policies and who would make you better off materially etc does not do it for me.

I am quite enjoying the dirty in-fighting, the edict from tory high command seems to be smear Miliband with anything you can in the hope that mud sticks. Even the video of Ed Balls going on about non-coms was doctored so that it sounds as if he was contradicting the new policy. He was'nt cos visitors can still be non-coms
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2015-04-09, 11:38 am

sunderpitt wrote:Somebody this morning asked me about voting, the only point that came to mind is that anybody that votes tory or ukip is a tw*t. The rest of it waffling on about policies and who would make you better off materially etc does not do it for me.

I am quite enjoying the dirty in-fighting, the edict from tory high command seems to be smear Miliband with anything you can in the hope that mud sticks. Even the video of Ed Balls going on about non-coms was doctored so that it sounds as if he was contradicting the new policy. He was'nt cos visitors can still be non-coms
I am not enjoying the waffling on about how much better you or me would be under Dave, or Ed or Nick, or Nigel. Bah to the lot of them. I want to see long term strategy not short term, 'popular' vote winning tactics. Do they not realise we can see right through them? And they are all guilty of this Mad

I did rather like the Labour Party political broadcast last night though with the old man and the young lady doctor talking about the NHS. Thought that was very good and at least I watched and did not reach for the remote control as I normally do!  Very Happy

Unlike you Sunderpitt I do not enjoy the dirty fighting at all. I lived in the States for a few years and was appalled at the dirty tricks and smearing that went on in ther politics and was always proud that in Britain we were much more polite and did not need to resort to such methods. Now it seems we have learned that horrible American tradition as well.  Twisted Evil

BUT I do think that if Cameron, and his Tory press buddies, have to employ schoolboy efforts to make Ed and the Labour Party look bad, then it means they are worried.  Very Happy
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2015-04-09, 12:35 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:Somebody this morning asked me about voting, the only point that came to mind is that anybody that votes tory or ukip is a tw*t. The rest of it waffling on about policies and who would make you better off materially etc does not do it for me.

I am not enjoying the waffling on about how much better you or me would be under Dave, or Ed or Nick, or Nigel. Bah to the lot of them. I want to see long term strategy not short term, 'popular' vote winning tactics. Do they not realise we can see right through them? And they are all guilty of this Mad

I did rather like the Labour Party political broadcast last night though with the old man and the young lady doctor talking about the NHS. Thought that was very good and at least I watched and did not reach for the remote control as I normally do!  Very Happy

Unlike you Sunderpitt I do not enjoy the dirty fighting at all. I lived in the States for a few years and was appalled at the dirty tricks and smearing that went on in ther politics and was always proud that in Britain we were much more polite and did not need to resort to such methods. Now it seems we have learned that horrible American tradition as well.  Twisted Evil

BUT I do think that if Cameron, and his Tory press buddies, have to employ schoolboy efforts to make Ed and the Labour Party look bad, then it means they are worried.  Very Happy
Cameroon's main election campaign manager is from the US of A and many have already commented how he has brought the 'negative' campaigning to the UK, i.e do say say what you will do but say what a 'sh*t' your opponent is.
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-04-09, 2:34 pm

Well I may well be a tw*t by the sound of it by voting UKIP just to send a message, there again it may well be independent.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2015-04-09, 3:15 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Well I may well be a tw*t by the sound of it by voting UKIP just to send a message, there again it may well be independent.

Tall
Wise
And
Trustworthy

Sounds about right to me!  Very Happy

canary-dave
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2015-04-09, 3:23 pm

canary-dave wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Well I may well be a tw*t by the sound of it by voting UKIP just to send a message, there again it may well be independent.

Tall
Wise
And
Trustworthy

I actually meant 

Total
Wan*er
In
Truth
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2015-04-09, 3:56 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
canary-dave wrote:

Tall
Wise
And
Trustworthy

I actually meant 

Total
Wan*er
In
Truth

You are a cruel man Sunders!  Very Happy

canary-dave
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum