SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Sunderland vs Benfica B - Thursday 18th July
BrADFORD CITY V SUNDERLAND MATCH DAY THREAD EmptyYesterday at 11:38 pm by Hieronymus

» Got my pass, have you got yours?
BrADFORD CITY V SUNDERLAND MATCH DAY THREAD EmptyYesterday at 9:01 pm by Vincemac

» Good Luck
BrADFORD CITY V SUNDERLAND MATCH DAY THREAD Empty2019-07-17, 8:53 pm by Lever Malone

» Portugal
BrADFORD CITY V SUNDERLAND MATCH DAY THREAD Empty2019-07-17, 4:23 pm by cyprussyd

» SCMP
BrADFORD CITY V SUNDERLAND MATCH DAY THREAD Empty2019-07-16, 6:19 pm by gil t azell

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
BrADFORD CITY V SUNDERLAND MATCH DAY THREAD Empty2019-07-15, 11:17 pm by Hieronymus

» Wahbi Khazri
BrADFORD CITY V SUNDERLAND MATCH DAY THREAD Empty2019-07-15, 8:44 am by Hieronymus

» Love departs
BrADFORD CITY V SUNDERLAND MATCH DAY THREAD Empty2019-07-14, 9:08 am by barrowmackem

» McGeady
BrADFORD CITY V SUNDERLAND MATCH DAY THREAD Empty2019-07-14, 9:06 am by barrowmackem

» Twitter 1
BrADFORD CITY V SUNDERLAND MATCH DAY THREAD Empty2019-07-12, 5:19 pm by Hieronymus

BrADFORD CITY V SUNDERLAND MATCH DAY THREAD

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

BrADFORD CITY V SUNDERLAND MATCH DAY THREAD Empty BrADFORD CITY V SUNDERLAND MATCH DAY THREAD

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-02-12, 7:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

All the stats ahead of Sunday's game.

Name: Bradford City
Founded: 1903
Ground: Valley Parade
Capacity: 25,136
Manager: Phil Parkinson
Current position
:
8th (League Two)
What the stats say
Sunday’s game is the 41st meeting between the two sides, but only the second encounter in the FA Cup.
The Black Cats hold the upper hand in previous meetings winning on 17 occasions to the Bantams’ 12, with 11 ending level.
Sunderland claimed a 1-0 win in the only previous FA Cup meeting, with George Holley scoring the only goal at Valley Parade in February 1909.
Sunderland have scored four times in three of their last four meetings at Valley Parade.
The Black Cats’ biggest win away to Bradford came in November 1912 when the club were crowned as the champions of England for the sixth time. Goals from Charlie Buchan, Henry Low and a George Holley hat-trick sealed a 5-1 win for Robert Kyle’s men.
The last meeting in North Yorkshire was in August 2003 as goals from Gary Breen, Marcus Stewart, Julio Arca and Sean Thornton sealed a 4-0 win for Mick McCarthy’s men.
Later that campaign, Sunderland also recorded a 3-0 home win over the Bantams in a season when the Black Cats reached the Championship play-offs, losing to Crystal Palace in the semi-final, whilst Bradford suffered relegation to League One, finishing in 23rd place.
The Black Cats will be backed by a sell-out away following for the 12th time this season. With 4,200 fans making the trip to Yorkshire.
Man in the middle
Kevin Friend will be the man in the middle when Sunderland travel to Valley Parade on Sunday.
The 43-year-old began refereeing at the age of 14 in his home county of Leicestershire, officiating in the Leicestershire Senior League and Midland Football Alliance before being promotion to the National List of Referees.
He was promoted to the Select Group of Referees ahead of the 2009-10 season, before taking charge of his first top-flight fixture in September 2009 when Wolverhampton Wanderers beat Fulham 2-1.
Friend issued his first red card in the Barclays Premier League on 15th December 2009, when he dismissed Sunderland captain Lorik Cana for a second bookable defence against Aston Villa.
His most notable appointments came in the 2012 FA Community Shield and the 2013 Capital One Cup final.
Last meeting
Sunderland 3-0 Bradford – 26th December 2003
Sunderland ended 2013 on a high with a 3-0 win over Bradford City at the Stadium of Light.
Jason McAteer opened the scoring before the break with goals from Tommy Smith and Kevin Kyle rounding off a fine victory.
Form guide:
Sunderland 3-0 Bradford - 26/12/2003
Bradford 0-4 Sunderland - 30/08/2003
Sunderland 0-0 Bradford - 21/01/2001
Bradford 1-4 Sunderland - 26/12/2000 
Sunderland 0-1 Bradford - 24/04/2000
Bradford 0-4 Sunderland - 02/10/1999
Overall record: W 17 D 11 L 12
Elsewhere in the FA Cup (KO 3pm unless stated)
SATURDAY
West Bromwich Albion v West Ham United (12.45pm)
Blackburn Rovers v Stoke City
Derby County v Reading
Crystal Palace v Liverpool (5.30pm)

SUNDAY
Aston Villa v Leicester City (12.30pm)
Arsenal v Middlesbrough (4pm)

MONDAY
Preston North End v Manchester United (8pm)

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

BrADFORD CITY V SUNDERLAND MATCH DAY THREAD Empty Re: BrADFORD CITY V SUNDERLAND MATCH DAY THREAD

Post  Guest on 2015-02-12, 7:31 pm

Gus already has his excuses lined for this one shit pitch shit fans so can see us getting beat.

Back to top Go down

BrADFORD CITY V SUNDERLAND MATCH DAY THREAD Empty Re: BrADFORD CITY V SUNDERLAND MATCH DAY THREAD

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-02-12, 7:40 pm

FORMER Bradford City boss Terry Dolan claims that Sunderland will be “definitely vulnerable” in Sunday’s FA Cup fifth round clash at Valley Parade.

The Bantams’ cut-up pitch will offer testing conditions, with the surface attracting criticism from all parties in recent weeks.
That will give Phil Parkinson’s men hope of a first home victory over Sunderland since 1989, when Dolan was in charge of Bradford.
“I think they’ve got a great chance. It’s always an advantage in the cup playing at home and that could be an even bigger edge with the state of the pitch,” Dolan told the Bradford Telegraph & Argus.
“It will definitely be in Bradford’s favour.
“I’ve heard Phil Parkinson has not been happy about it from a league point of view. But this is a one-off cup game and Gus Poyet has already been complaining.
“Pitches have changed from when I was there. But I remember us playing Oldham in the FA Cup when it was really icy, they were worried about it and we were at them from the start.
“Sunderland are used to playing on billiard tables, so Sunday is going to be very interesting. They are definitely vulnerable.”
Sunderland have had a great run at Valley Parade since losing to a Mark Leonard goal late on in the new year Second Division clash in January, 1989, scoring four goals in four of their six visits, winning the other two 1-0.
But Dolan reckons that Bradford’s cup record under Parkinson, who has not lost a home tie against higher-league opposition in seven cup clashes, augurs well for the Yorkshire outfit, who stunned Chelsea with a 4-2 away in the last round.
“The players will be going into the game full of confidence. Several of them played against Arsenal and Aston Villa two years ago and now they’ve beaten Chelsea,” added Dolan.
“You have to say the win at Stamford Bridge was deserved – look at the highlights and quality of the goals. If that had been Chelsea scoring, people would have gone about them.
“I’m sure the Sunderland manager and his staff will be thinking about that more than the players. They just go out there and play automatically. But I just think when they turn up at 1pm and go out and look at the stadium they will definitely have concerns about the pitch.
“That’s got to be a good thing for Bradford.”

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2015-02-12, 11:26 pm

Referee - Kevin Friend  affraid affraid affraid
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2015-02-13, 7:44 am

Don't matter about the state of the pitch....it's about which team wants it the most and who scores the most goals
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-02-13, 8:28 am

I'm hoping the bad pitch brings them down to our level

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-02-13, 8:30 am

cyprussyd wrote:BrADFORD CITY V SUNDERLAND MATCH DAY THREAD 10959466_446859098796138_3618261531083385319_n

All the stats ahead of Sunday's game.

Name: Bradford City
Founded: 1903
Ground: Valley Parade
Capacity: 25,136
Manager: Phil Parkinson
Current position
:
8th (League Two)
What the stats say
Sunday’s game is the 41st meeting between the two sides, but only the second encounter in the FA Cup.
The Black Cats hold the upper hand in previous meetings winning on 17 occasions to the Bantams’ 12, with 11 ending level.
Sunderland claimed a 1-0 win in the only previous FA Cup meeting, with George Holley scoring the only goal at Valley Parade in February 1909.
Sunderland have scored four times in three of their last four meetings at Valley Parade.
The Black Cats’ biggest win away to Bradford came in November 1912 when the club were crowned as the champions of England for the sixth time. Goals from Charlie Buchan, Henry Low and a George Holley hat-trick sealed a 5-1 win for Robert Kyle’s men.
The last meeting in North Yorkshire was in August 2003 as goals from Gary Breen, Marcus Stewart, Julio Arca and Sean Thornton sealed a 4-0 win for Mick McCarthy’s men.
Later that campaign, Sunderland also recorded a 3-0 home win over the Bantams in a season when the Black Cats reached the Championship play-offs, losing to Crystal Palace in the semi-final, whilst Bradford suffered relegation to League One, finishing in 23rd place.
The Black Cats will be backed by a sell-out away following for the 12th time this season. With 4,200 fans making the trip to Yorkshire.
Man in the middle
Kevin Friend will be the man in the middle when Sunderland travel to Valley Parade on Sunday.
The 43-year-old began refereeing at the age of 14 in his home county of Leicestershire, officiating in the Leicestershire Senior League and Midland Football Alliance before being promotion to the National List of Referees.
He was promoted to the Select Group of Referees ahead of the 2009-10 season, before taking charge of his first top-flight fixture in September 2009 when Wolverhampton Wanderers beat Fulham 2-1.
Friend issued his first red card in the Barclays Premier League on 15th December 2009, when he dismissed Sunderland captain Lorik Cana for a second bookable defence against Aston Villa.
His most notable appointments came in the 2012 FA Community Shield and the 2013 Capital One Cup final.
Last meeting
Sunderland 3-0 Bradford – 26th December 2003
Sunderland ended 2013 on a high with a 3-0 win over Bradford City at the Stadium of Light.
Jason McAteer opened the scoring before the break with goals from Tommy Smith and Kevin Kyle rounding off a fine victory.
Form guide:
Sunderland 3-0 Bradford - 26/12/2003
Bradford 0-4 Sunderland - 30/08/2003
Sunderland 0-0 Bradford - 21/01/2001
Bradford 1-4 Sunderland - 26/12/2000 
Sunderland 0-1 Bradford - 24/04/2000
Bradford 0-4 Sunderland - 02/10/1999
Overall record: W 17 D 11 L 12
Elsewhere in the FA Cup (KO 3pm unless stated)
SATURDAY
West Bromwich Albion v West Ham United (12.45pm)
Blackburn Rovers v Stoke City
Derby County v Reading
Crystal Palace v Liverpool (5.30pm)

SUNDAY
Aston Villa v Leicester City (12.30pm)
Arsenal v Middlesbrough (4pm)

MONDAY
Preston North End v Manchester United (8pm)
Could be worse, could have thar prat Marriner as 4th official.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-02-13, 10:46 am

0-4 (again) and all is forgiven-ish Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-02-13, 11:03 am

cyprussyd wrote:I'm hoping the bad pitch brings them down to our level

that's the best thought of the week..

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-02-13, 1:51 pm

Jack Rodwell fit for Sunday. Reveillere unlikely with hamstring. Giaccherini out

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-02-13, 1:55 pm

Nice game back for Rodwell, should give him a good platform to make himself indispensable...

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2015-02-13, 1:57 pm

cyprussyd wrote:I'm hoping the bad pitch brings them down to our level
lol! clapy
barrowmackem
barrowmackem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2015-02-13, 1:59 pm

I expect a reaction and progression to the QF, might take a replay.
barrowmackem
barrowmackem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-02-13, 2:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-02-13, 4:34 pm

We now have a very good idea on who is fit, we must win this game for many reasons and we know it will be a battle with heads been important.

What would be your team?

MANONNE
JONES  OSHEA  BROWN  VAN ANNHOLT
BRIDCUTT
LARSSON  RODWELL JOHNSON
GRAHAM  DEFOE
Manonne, just to give him a game
Vergini needs a break, Brown needs a game and Coates I dont like
Rodwell gets his chance to claim that spot
Graham cant do any worse than the others

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-02-13, 7:09 pm

cyprussyd wrote:We now have a very good idea on who is fit, we must win this game for many reasons and we know it will be a battle with heads been important.

What would be your team?

MANONNE
JONES  OSHEA  BROWN  VAN ANNHOLT
BRIDCUTT
LARSSON  RODWELL JOHNSON
GRAHAM  DEFOE
Manonne, just to give him a game
Vergini needs a break, Brown needs a game and Coates I dont like
Rodwell gets his chance to claim that spot
Graham cant do any worse than the others
thumb

Back to top Go down

BrADFORD CITY V SUNDERLAND MATCH DAY THREAD Empty The Bantams View

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-02-13, 8:38 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-02-13, 9:29 pm

Good grief mate talk about over confident and all our forums in meltdown with 90% calling for Poyets head I must have missed that. Okay some were saying he should go but 90% I don't think so. 
Give the lad some credit who said he will do his gloating after the match if he can should be a Sunderland fan.

Back to top Go down

BrADFORD CITY V SUNDERLAND MATCH DAY THREAD Empty Bridcutt must have sat it out

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-02-14, 5:50 am

Sunderland boss Gus Poyet banned his players from sideways and backwards passes in training as they prepare for their FA Cup tie at Bradford. (Daily Mirror) 

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-02-14, 8:53 am

Must have been a very quiet training session , bet they are all excellent at sudoku and crosswords now .
I would be more worried about them having to bend down and retrieve the ball from the back of our net .

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-02-14, 8:55 am

• by Chris Young
  • [email=chris.young@northeast-press.co.uk@youngsunecho][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] @youngsunecho[/email]

SUNDERLAND will adopt a more direct approach in tomorrow’s FA Cup clash at Bradford City – but Gus Poyet insists it is only a one-off.

Poyet has built his managerial reputation on a passing philosophy, yet will opt for a fresh perspective in the fifth round of the cup due to the notoriously ropey nature of the Valley Parade pitch.
Bradford boss Phil Parkinson himself branded the atrocious surface as “terrible” a fortnight ago, with the Bantams expecting to use the proceeds of their cup run to improve their pitch.
But Poyet knows Sunderland cannot ignore the conditions, and says both his team selection and tactics will be governed by the terrain.
“This is a unique game,” said Poyet.
“We haven’t played a game like this before in my time here and we are not going to play another, because of the pitch.
“I don’t want to talk too much about the pitch, apart from to say that we need to adapt, we need to concentrate, we need to be ready for the unexpected bounce and we have to play the game to the best of our ability in those circumstances.
“And then be better than Bradford and win the game!
“It’s going to be a challenge.
“I have to pick the right players for this game – we need players who can play in a certain way.
“It’s going to be something different to what you have seen before.
“You cannot control the ball as much as you want, so there are going to be plenty of clearances which are going to go forward quicker.
“It’s going to be demanding, but a football game.
“But we’ve all played on a bad pitch, come on.”
Poyet expects a classic cup tie against the League One Bantams, the shock conquerors of the Uruguayan’s former club Chelsea in the last round.
A hostile atmosphere awaits Sunderland with a 25,000 sell-out at Valley Parade and Poyet says style goes out of the window when faced with such a tie.
“It’s a great opportunity for the players to show character and what is needed,” added.
“It’s totally unpredictable.
“People can say that because Bradford have played on that pitch more, they can adapt better, so they become favourites.
“Or you can say, we cannot repeat what we did on Tuesday and go there with a different mentality.
“We need to find a way to win somehow. I don’t care how.
“It’s how the game finishes, not how we play the game.”

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-02-14, 9:01 am

Is it just me or does anyone else think that professional footballers should be able to adapt to bad pitches or good pitches for that matter?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-02-14, 9:06 am

cyprussyd wrote:Sunderland boss Gus Poyet banned his players from sideways and backwards passes in training as they prepare for their FA Cup tie at Bradford. (Daily Mirror) 
Obviously they just didn't train that day and watched videos, sideways and backwards are all we do. Admittedly they are needed at times we can all agree on that (I would hope) but, not constantly and not when you are a goal or two down. I'm all for a patient build up and pretty football but, it's results that count, results that will get the crowd cheering, results that will bring in better players, results that will bring in more fans or maybe I got that wrong?

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-02-14, 9:19 am

talcnturnip wrote:Is it just me or does anyone else think that professional footballers should be able to adapt to bad pitches or good pitches for that matter?
Its a sad day when lower league players can and premier league players cant

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-02-14, 9:29 am

cyprussyd wrote:
talcnturnip wrote:Is it just me or does anyone else think that professional footballers should be able to adapt to bad pitches or good pitches for that matter?
Its a sad day when lower league players can and premier league players can't
So we should be okay then? Nice one mate just cheered me up.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum