SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Everton v Sunderland Carabao Cup-Matchday Thread
Today at 10:41 pm by cyprussyd

» Mark Sampson sacked
Today at 10:10 pm by Nostalgic

» It seems its not always about money
Today at 7:39 pm by Hieronymus

» Predictions week 9
Today at 6:27 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predicitons Mid week 7
Today at 6:26 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 8
Today at 6:25 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 7
Today at 6:24 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Good read from Phil Smith
Today at 5:00 pm by Billy D

» Could this be the team
Today at 4:05 pm by cyprussyd

» The Martin Bain Interview
Today at 11:42 am by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 4 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

cyprussyd, Hieronymus, oxfordshire, silvers

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:57 am

Proud dad and grandad

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Proud dad and grandad

Post  cyprussyd on Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:56 am

Off to church this morning, a rare event indeed.

My grandson,Joseph has chosen his dad as his inspirational person to talk about in front of the school at todays family mass.

I can feel the tears flowing already.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Proud dad and grandad

Post  canary-dave on Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:24 am

cyprussyd wrote:Off to church this morning, a rare event indeed.

My grandson,Joseph has chosen his dad as his inspirational person to talk about in front of the school at todays family mass.

I can feel the tears flowing already.

Good luck Joe, make your Granddad even more proud than he already is, if that's even possible! X

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers on Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:23 pm

silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:51 pm

Awww that is so sweet. Hope it went well  Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:29 am

It was fantastic in so many ways and yes, proud does not cover it.

Proud of Joe who was faultless, spoke well, not a nerve on show but also proud of his dad who has had it far from easy in trying to build a business with a wife wanting out then finally leaving a couple of years ago and leaving him a single dad.

Over those few years Chris has cried a lot, me with him but he has rebuilt his life but never ever let Joe down in any way. Joe is always well dressed, smart and well looked after, always comes first and in a way his wee talk covered that.

He simple said his dad was his inspiration in many ways  but his main point was that his dad was always smiling and when anyone was sad he would make them happy. When his dad was sad or poorly he would never complain but would just carry on making Joe happy.

Needless to say the tears flowed but they were very happy proud tears.

It also made me happy, I know I have made such a mess of so many things in my life, I squirm when I recall who and what I was and feel I lost my way from the path my parents set me on, hopefully I have found my way back now.

Listening to Joe and sitting with my son I at least know that I got something right because many years earlier it was my wife who left and me who was left with the young son, yesterday I gave myself a small pat on the back.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:01 pm

cyprussyd wrote:It was fantastic in so many ways and yes, proud does not cover it.

Proud of Joe who was faultless, spoke well, not a nerve on show but also proud of his dad who has had it far from easy in trying to build a business with a wife wanting out then finally leaving a couple of years ago and leaving him a single dad.

Over those few years Chris has cried a lot, me with him but he has rebuilt his life but never ever let Joe down in any way. Joe is always well dressed, smart and well looked after, always comes first and in a way his wee talk covered that.

He simple said his dad was his inspiration in many ways  but his main point was that his dad was always smiling and when anyone was sad he would make them happy. When his dad was sad or poorly he would never complain but would just carry on making Joe happy.

Needless to say the tears flowed but they were very happy proud tears.

It also made me happy, I know I have made such a mess of so many things in my life, I squirm when I recall who and what I was and feel I lost my way from the path my parents set me on, hopefully I have found my way back now.

Listening to Joe and sitting with my son I at least know that I got something right because many years earlier it was my wife who left and me who was left with the young son, yesterday I gave myself a small pat on the back.
And so you should. Raising children to be decent human beings is the hardest job in the world, and unlike gadgets and appliances and suchlike they don't come with instruction booklets! Well done to Joe, well done to Chris and well done to you too Syd  kiss
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:34 pm

My turn to be proud today, little Lydia is one year and two weeks old and today, in Granddad Dave's house, she took her very first steps, just a couple to start, but she obviously liked it, within ten minutes she was tottering all round the room!

I feel very honoured to have witnessed it!  Very Happy

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:41 pm

canary-dave wrote:My turn to be proud today, little Lydia is one year and two weeks old and today, in Granddad Dave's house, she took her very first steps, just a couple to start, but she obviously liked it, within ten minutes she was tottering all round the room!

A moment you will never forget Dave but now you are in trouble, those little legs cant half move

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:37 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
canary-dave wrote:My turn to be proud today, little Lydia is one year and two weeks old and today, in Granddad Dave's house, she took her very first steps, just a couple to start, but she obviously liked it, within ten minutes she was tottering all round the room!

A moment you will never forget Dave but now you are in trouble, those little legs cant half move

Tell me about it, she ended up nearly wrecking my front room! When I tell her off, she laughs in my face, little tinker!

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:32 pm

canary-dave wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

Tell me about it, she ended up nearly wrecking my front room! When I tell her off, she laughs in my face, little tinker!
women  Evil or Very Mad

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum