SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Thoughts are with you Vito
Today at 3:53 pm by cyprussyd

» Thoroughly ashamed
Today at 3:27 pm by Sid MCFC

» Results Week 17
Today at 1:16 pm by Billy D

» league Table Week 17
Today at 1:15 pm by Vincemac

» Predictions - Boxing Day
Today at 1:14 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Predictions Week 19
Today at 1:11 pm by Vincemac

» Predictions New Year's Day
Today at 1:09 pm by Vincemac

» Predictions Week 18
Today at 1:07 pm by Vincemac

» Bradley Lowery to be honoured at SPOTY
Today at 9:54 am by canary-dave

» MAJA GOAL
Today at 4:44 am by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 2 Bots

lesmac

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

The Blog--ISIS

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Blog--ISIS

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-02-05, 10:22 am

SunderMad Blog

A group that sort of crept up when no one was looking, so who are they. Well wiki says..

The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL /ˈsəl/) is an jihadist rebel group that controls territory in Iraqand Syria and also operates in eastern Libya, the Sinai Peninsula of Egypt, and other areas of the Middle East,[25] North AfricaSouth Asia,[26] and Southeast Asia.[26][27] The group's Arabic name is transliterated as ad-Dawlah al-Islāmīyah fī al-‘Irāq wash-Shām leading to the Arabic acronym Da‘ish or DAESH (Arabic pronunciation: da:ʕeʃ). The name is also commonly translated as the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria orIslamic State of Iraq and al-Sham and abbreviated ISIS (/ˈsɪs/). In June 2014 the group renamed itself theIslamic State (IS) but the new name has been widely criticized and condemned, with the UN, various governments, and mainstream Muslim groups refusing to use it.

They are growing and spreading at an alarming rate and their latest atrocity, the burning alive of Muadh al-Kasasbeh has set the world on a,”Something must be done” outcry and we must all agree with that but, WHAT?

Boots on ground would seem to be the answer but whose boots?

The sad fact is that boots on the ground will mean body bags returning so who will be prepared to send their sons and maybe daughters to fight the good fight?

Then of course we have the other question, assuming we are prepared do we have the forces to do the job, are defence cuts about to come back and bite us on the bum?

Of course we could go on a different tack completely, not a popular one but none the less a one worth voicing.

The UK hostages who have died are gone, we can do nothing about that but we could say to all UK citizens, dont go out there, if you do you are on your own.

We could say to Japan and Jordan we are sorry for your loss but its your loss not ours, you sort it out.

We can then forget ISIS and hope and pray they forget us, no, I cant see that working either.

I dont think you need to be brain of Britain to know that the answer lies in the Middle East and the Sunni and Shea fight can only ever be sorted by Sunni and Shea with the rest of the world help.

The problem is that this is not a recent argument, the argument dates back to the death in 632 of Islam’s founder, the Prophet Muhammad. Tribal Arabs who followed him were split over who should inherit what was both a political and a religious office. The majority, who would go on to become known as the Sunnis, and today make up 80% of Muslims, backed Abu Bakr, a friend of the Prophet and father of his wife Aisha. Others thought Muhammad’s kin the rightful successors. They claimed the Prophet had anointed Ali, his cousin and son-in-law—they became known as the Shia, a contraction of "shiaat Ali", the partisans of Ali. Abu Bakr’s backers won out, though Ali did briefly rule as the fourth caliph, the title given to Muhammad’s successors. Islam's split was cemented when Ali’s son Hussein was killed in 680 in Karbala (modern Iraq) by the ruling Sunni caliph’s troops. Sunni rulers continued to monopolise political power, while the Shia lived in the shadow of the state, looking instead to their imams, the first twelve of whom were descended directly from Ali, for guidance. As time went on the religious beliefs of the two groups started to diverge.

I hand out a lot of criticism to Cameron and other world leaders but in this case he has my sympathy, how do you solve a problem that seems unsolvable?

What we do know is ISIS will not stop unless we stop them, they are growing in manpower and it seems confidence and it can only be a matter of time before we see them visit us here in the UK. It would be foolish to think we are OK, it will be London, Birmingham or Manchester but will it?

Does anyone have a workable answer? Will we ever get the Sunni's and Shea's to stop their never ending fight?

We find the appalling human rights issues in the Middle East unacceptable and the now gone Saddam Hussain and Gadaffi to be barbaric leaders but, is that the only way to control the out of control ISIS?

Maybe we have to simply accept that evil ,exists and there is nothing we can do about it.

I'm sure you will have the answers so please share them.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum