SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Tests, tests and more bloody tests!
The scourge that is mental health EmptyToday at 3:53 am by canary-dave

» Sunderland v Tranmere Rovers
The scourge that is mental health EmptyToday at 3:13 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» To those at the game tonight
The scourge that is mental health EmptyYesterday at 11:09 pm by wanderer

» A very good morning one and all
The scourge that is mental health EmptyYesterday at 9:55 pm by trouble_n_stripes

» A very happy birthday!
The scourge that is mental health EmptyYesterday at 10:54 am by fulwellend47

» Can't say I'm looking forward to Tuesday
The scourge that is mental health EmptyYesterday at 9:25 am by Sid MCFC

» Predictions Mid week 12
The scourge that is mental health EmptyYesterday at 7:58 am by Lever Malone

» Results week 12
The scourge that is mental health Empty2019-10-21, 10:38 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Predictions week 13
The scourge that is mental health Empty2019-10-21, 6:10 pm by canary-dave

» League table Week 12
The scourge that is mental health Empty2019-10-21, 12:31 pm by Jerry the Jinx

The scourge that is mental health

Go down

The scourge that is mental health Empty The scourge that is mental health

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-02-05, 6:27 am

Former footballer Clarke Carlisle has told how he made the decision that he "had to die" after being charged with a drink driving offence, and later jumped into the path of an oncoming lorry, the Press Association reports..
The 35-year-old, who was once the Professional Footballers' Association chairman, was seriously injured on the A64, near York, last December.
In an interview with the Sun he has now spoken of how he felt taking his own life would be "the perfect answer" to a series of problems he was facing.
The news that he was to lose his job as a pundit on ITV, three years after he was released from Burnley football club, caused Carlisle to go on a gambling spree and hours later he was charged with a drink-driving offence of failing to provide a sample.
Two days later the former Premier League player was in hospital with serious injuries after the collision with the lorry. He was released on Friday, six weeks after the incident and said that was the moment he realised he was "incredibly unwell".
He told the Sun: "I ventured out of my room not as Clarke the ex-footballer, but as Clarke, a mental health patient. That was the first step in my road to recovery."
Since the collision, a host of footballers, former clubs, organisations and charities have used social media to send messages of support to Carlisle and his family.
Writing on Twitter Carlisle's wife Gemma appealed to those suffering from depression to seek help, and said her thoughts are with the driver of the lorry that hit her husband.
She wrote: "Please if anyone is suffering ... know that it WILL get better. I can promise you that. Reach out to someone, anyone. You're not alone.
"We send our love & thoughts to the lorry driver & family. It could have been anyone and Clarke is desperately sorry that it was him
"Suicide & depression is not selfish. It's a serious illness where your world & reality are warped."
The mother-of-two said the couple had decided to do the interview to tell the truth about what they had been through.
She tweeted: "We also want to highlight and create understanding for a lot of issues and feel it would be hypocritical of us to saying nothing."
Carlisle, who is now undergoing counselling, was due to appear at Highbury Magistrates' Court, in north London last month to face the drink-driving charge, but the hearing was adjourned to a later date.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

The scourge that is mental health Empty Re: The scourge that is mental health

Post  Guest on 2015-02-05, 5:15 pm

Counselling is not for everyone of course, but there are many people who benefit from it.

It's a 'recent' therapy in the UK, and at long  last its benefits are being acknowledged.

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-02-05, 5:39 pm

silvers wrote:Counselling is not for everyone of course, but there are many people who benefit from it.

It's a 'recent' therapy in the UK, and at long  last its benefits are being acknowledged.

Very Happy
Well I am not ashamed to say I was a counselling, what use is that.

Then around 10 years ago, one day, my life changed and my past caught up with my present, it was councelling that got me back to what we would call a normal state of mind.

It was for me Silvers, a life changer and maybe even a life saver

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-02-05, 5:54 pm

Good to hear..
Very Happy

.. and now you're here, facilitating a lot of pleasure amongst us sundermadders..

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2015-02-05, 6:16 pm

silvers wrote:Good to hear..
Very Happy

.. and now you're here, facilitating a lot of pleasure amongst us sundermadders..

Very Happy

HMPFF - He's never facilitated with me, dirty old bugger!

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-02-05, 6:38 pm

canary-dave wrote:
silvers wrote:Good to hear..
Very Happy

Very Happy

HMPFF - He's never facilitated with me, dirty old bugger!
hi

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-02-05, 7:14 pm

I can assure my fellow sundermadders that living with a psychologist is no picnic

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2015-02-05, 7:16 pm

sunderpitt wrote:I can assure my fellow sundermadders that living with a psychologist is no picnic

My 2nd ex was half way there! She was psycho  affraid

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-02-05, 7:23 pm

The shrinks did nowt for me tbh & god knows, I've been in front of a few.
My problems were deep rooted & not something I was comfortable talking about to a stranger so it's probably mostly my fault.
I got the feeling the MOD shrinks were going through the motions in a box ticking exercise & really didn't give a toss.
In the end they were just handing out cocktails of drugs which only made me worse.
Most of them I flushed down the lavvy.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-02-05, 11:32 pm

Most counsellors in civvy street  aren't 'shrinks' of course....

But I hear what you say about box-ticking....  the scourge of the modern age...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-02-06, 12:06 am

silvers wrote:Most counsellors in civvy street  aren't 'shrinks' of course....

Sorry, I apologise, I didn't mean to be disrespectful.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-02-06, 6:23 am

Billy D wrote:
silvers wrote:Most counsellors in civvy street  aren't 'shrinks' of course....

Sorry, I apologise, I didn't mean to be disrespectful.
I fully understand the shrinks Billy, its what councillors have been thought of for a long time and you can see why.

How on earth can anyone help by just sitting and listening, stupidity indeed, thats not how to get people better.

The subject of mental health and counselling has been, and I suppose still is, a taboo subject in many ways, thankfully getting better but still a long way to go.

Then it comes down to individual experience and thats something that is very individual, get a bad one and you are bound to have a negative view.

I had a complete breakdown and nearly killed a load of young children crossing a zebra crossing, just did not see them or anything else but that was the point I knew I had problems and phoned my GP there and then.

My GP helped but in the main it was pills to calm me, a psychiatrist helped but that was more what the problem was rather than solving the problem.

In the end it was a young lady at my local surgery who helped me understand what was wrong, just by listening and guiding me, mainly by not judging me and letting me talk and talk. I still go to very dark places but I now know why and what to do, all down to the shrink at the doctors and no pills involved, just two ears, lots of skill and loads of understanding.

I feel very lucky to have met that young lady.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum