SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Quiz 65
Today at 6:54 am by Nostalgic

» Labour Party Conference
Today at 4:19 am by canary-dave

» Bradley Lowery Foundation
Today at 4:06 am by canary-dave

» Wow...just wow.
Today at 12:51 am by Roker roar

» The clever money...
Today at 12:37 am by Roker roar

» Report: Sunderland want to sign Brentford’s Ryan Woods in January
Today at 12:33 am by Roker roar

» Thank you Brighton
Today at 12:24 am by Roker roar

» Adam & Eve
Yesterday at 8:35 pm by silvers

» Ipswich Town v Sunderland AFC
Yesterday at 4:12 pm by cyprussyd

» A bullet dodged?
Yesterday at 3:02 pm by Hieronymus

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 2 Bots

canary-dave, Lever Malone

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Us Jocks, the Irish and the yanks etc

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Us Jocks, the Irish and the yanks etc

Post  Rizla on 2015-01-14, 2:12 pm

As some know I'm obsessed with football. Celtic and Sunderland being my two loves.

I do go on other football forums of other teams as its good for a bit of news and banter etc.

I constantly see the term "plastic" and "glory hunters" thrown around.

My question is to any English born and bred fans.

What do these terms mean to you? 

Does it annoy you when you have non locals supporting your local team?

I've got family and friends who are scousers and they hate the fact that mainly Irish and American are taking away seats from the locals etc. 

Are us Scots put in the same group at English clubs? Maybe it's my generation but it's so hard to get tickets for certain teams that we practically raised on "sky sports". 

I know more Chelsea, Liverpool, Man United fans etc than I do actual Scottish teams. Bloke just walked by house with a Barca top on:lol:

I know I'm still a bairn to most but I grew up actually going to matches ! 

I went to Cappielow with my grandad and mates. My father took me to Anfield. I went to Celtic Park and was even took to Ibrox a few times Laughing not proud of that like. 

I started to like Sunderland around 2008 I think it was. But my love for this club wasn't sealed until I came down to the North East and it was the fans, you locals that sealed the deal for me. That's my favourite part about supporting the lads actually. It's mostly locals! 

I don't understand how people and I'm mainly getting at the Americans here. How can you feel a love or a connection for a football club when you've never attended a match. Or have any connections etc.

Maybe im in these same group to you lot but like I said I know Chelsea fans, man united etc. These people have never been to Stamford Bridge and OT etc, and they don't even intend to go! 

SSN yesterday interviewed Manchester United fans yesterday outside OT. Three of them were Scots, the other few Irish Suspect

Rant over lads, thanks for your time Laughing
Rizla
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Re: Us Jocks, the Irish and the yanks etc

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-01-14, 3:37 pm

ScotCat-Ghirl wrote:What do these terms mean to you? 
I honestly dont know, just hooked and it cant be for the glory, just love following and going and could never support another team.

Does it annoy you when you have non locals supporting your local team?
Not one bit

I've got family and friends who are scousers and they hate the fact that mainly Irish and American are taking away seats from the locals etc. 

I don't understand how people and I'm mainly getting at the Americans here. How can you feel a love or a connection for a football club when you've never attended a match. Or have any connections etc.
The Americans on here are from the area and just moved. Others follow players not clubs so when Jozy goes some will follow

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-01-15, 10:23 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum