SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Results Week 6
Today at 3:31 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Predictions Week 7
Today at 3:30 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Mental health
Today at 12:22 am by Hieronymus

» 20% discount offer for season card holder
Yesterday at 11:57 pm by MrRAWhite

» Mark Sampson sacked
Yesterday at 9:23 pm by Nostalgic

» Sunderland v Cardiff City
Yesterday at 5:16 pm by Roker roar

» Everton v Sunderland Carabao Cup-Matchday Thread
Yesterday at 2:56 pm by lesmac

» The smoking gun
Yesterday at 1:55 pm by sunderpitt

» Predicitons Mid week 7
2017-09-20, 11:41 pm by Hieronymus

» Predictions Week 8
2017-09-20, 11:30 pm by Hieronymus

Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

Black Cat Kiwi

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Former referee says five 'appalling' Premier League officials should be AXED

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post  silvers on 2015-01-08, 11:37 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PREMIER LEAGUE referees are getting worse and five of them should be axed.

Facebook

By Paul Brown / Published 8th January 2015

That is the view of former referees’ chief Keith Hackett, who says standards over Christmas were “bordering on appalling”.

Hackett, who refereed the 1981 FA Cup final, claims things are so bad the Premier League is becoming an embarrassment.

He said: “I see standards falling. Over the Christmas period, it reached standards that were bordering on appalling.”

Hackett singled out the “stupid” red card referee Anthony Taylor showed Wayne Routledge at QPR on New Year’s Day for special criticism.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

APPALLING: Ref Anthony Taylor has come in for criticism recently [GETTY]

Keith Hackett wrote:“I see standards falling. Over the Christmas period, it reached standards that were bordering on appalling”

That decision has since been overturned, and Hackett said: “It is unbelievable that a so-called top referee should make such a mistake.”

Hackett, who quit the PGMOL body which oversees top refs in 2010, also pointed the finger at Andre Marriner, who refereed the 2014 FA Cup Final.

He believes Marriner, along with Mike Jones, Lee Mason, Chris Foy and Lee Probert, should be struck off the Premier League list next season.

Hackett said: “You can’t live on your reputation. At the moment, these guys are performing well below the level.

“There was a pretty poor performance from Andre Marriner in the Manchester City v Everton game (on Dec. 6).

“First of all, the failure to spot a challenge that resulted in Sergio Aguero having to go off, then a non-penalty decision.

“I was with a group of FIFA referees from Nigeria who watched with amazement. Do you think I took joy in that?”

Hackett also believes the current head of the PGMOL, Mike Riley, should be replaced.

But the organisation hit back last night by claiming standards had risen since Hackett left, citing figures which suggest 95% of major decisions are correct.
silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Re: Former referee says five 'appalling' Premier League officials should be AXED

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-01-08, 1:01 pm

well we have seen some rather odd decisions, however, I would rather help that axe, technology is the way forward.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Former referee says five 'appalling' Premier League officials should be AXED

Post  Hieronymus on 2015-01-08, 1:09 pm

Read this the other day but a longer and more detailed version that I cannot seem to locate now! I was too unwell to post it up at the time sorry!

I agree those five refs have been poor this season (and Marriner was terrible last season as well, can't recall others) and they need to be addressing official's training etc. But I also feel that the game is getting faster and players are getting sneakier so how is one person, or even 3 people, supposed to see all that goes on with only minimal technology?

We need video replays in the professional game, even just for those contentious decisions when the game is already stopped, to support the refs in getting it right more often.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2015-01-08, 3:43 pm

I like how he singled out Mariner for his performance at the the Man City game, when his ridiculous decisions that went against us and changed the whole outlook of the game was far worse..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum