SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Predictions Week 08
Sunderland v Leeds United FA Cup EmptyYesterday at 4:06 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Sunderland Goalkeeper suffers broken arm
Sunderland v Leeds United FA Cup EmptyYesterday at 3:14 pm by Kipper

» Bolton Wanders v Sunderland AFC
Sunderland v Leeds United FA Cup EmptyYesterday at 12:02 pm by barrowmackem

» Jack Ross
Sunderland v Leeds United FA Cup EmptyYesterday at 9:56 am by Kipper

» Has Donald been told to zip it
Sunderland v Leeds United FA Cup Empty2019-09-19, 9:36 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Predictions Week 11
Sunderland v Leeds United FA Cup Empty2019-09-19, 9:28 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 10
Sunderland v Leeds United FA Cup Empty2019-09-19, 9:27 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 09
Sunderland v Leeds United FA Cup Empty2019-09-19, 9:26 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» FFP, FPP
Sunderland v Leeds United FA Cup Empty2019-09-19, 10:27 am by Kipper

» RESULTS OF WEEK 5 AND FIXTURES FOR WEEK 6
Sunderland v Leeds United FA Cup Empty2019-09-18, 9:28 pm by Hieronymus

Sunderland v Leeds United FA Cup

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sunderland v Leeds United FA Cup Empty Sunderland v Leeds United FA Cup

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-01-01, 7:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yes the games are coming thick and fast and on Sunday I head to the SoL with real excitement.

We know that cup games these days are used to give fringe players a outing but, will we see the future shape of Sunderland on Sunday.

Mannone will be in goal and I don't see many options in the back 4 for change, I would guess Brown will be rested and Coates will start.

I will be looking for 3 players.

Jack Rodwell who IMO had his best game for us today, can he pressure the midfield>

Giacchorini and Alvarez who both brought attacking flair against City, can they dislodge Gomez and Buckley.

Could we see some of the kids get their chance?

Last edited by cyprussyd on 2015-01-02, 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Sunderland v Leeds United FA Cup Empty Re: Sunderland v Leeds United FA Cup

Post  gil t azell on 2015-01-01, 7:17 pm

Coates NO NO NO NO NO. 
I accept he's been injured ( for about two years) and he could do with games but he's crap.

We are the premier team and I hope we also have a change of tactics. Let's go for it from the beginning. No sitting back just a high pressure offensive and kill the game off in the first half.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2015-01-01, 7:29 pm

Made a point of watching them the other day at Derby and they are a very physical team in stature and effort. It's a banana skin cup tie so taking nothing for granted but I expect us to have too much for them just as Derby did in the end.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2015-01-01, 9:47 pm

Vito, Coates, Rodwell, Giac, Ricky, and maybe Josy will all start imo.
barrowmackem
barrowmackem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-01-02, 11:28 am

CASH TURNSTILES FOR CUP CLASH
Sunderland AFC welcome Leeds United to the Stadium of Light in the FA Cup third round proper this weekend and Black Cats fans can still secure tickets for the clash.
Gus Poyet’s side face the Championship club on Sunday in a 1pm kick off and tickets are priced at just £15 for adults and £5 for fans under 16 or over 65.
The Stadium of Light ticket office will be open for ticket purchases and the collection of pre-booked tickets on Saturday from 10am until 3pm and again on Sunday from 10am until kick off.
Cash turnstiles 35, 36, 51, 52, 61 and 62 will be open for Sunderland fans only, for adult and concessionary tickets, from 11:30am. Supporters are advised that enhanced security arrangements will be in place at the turnstiles and they should therefore allow additional time to access the stadium.
The ticket office and ticket collection points are also expected to be very busy on the day of the game and supporters should ensure that they arrive at the stadium early to purchase or collect tickets to avoid any potential queues or delays.
HOW TO BUY
Online: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] hour service)
Supporters who book tickets online can use the free ‘print at home’ service, allowing them to print a barcoded ticket from their home PC.
Telephone: 0871 911 1973 (24 hour service)
In-person: Stadium of Light ticket office, opening hours as listed
Friday 02 Jan, 9am - 5:30pm
Saturday 03 January, 10am - 3pm
Sunday 04 January, 10am - kick off (1pm)

All tickets sold subject to ground regulations.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Sunderland v Leeds United FA Cup Empty Sunderland v Leeds United FA Cup

Post  Guest on 2015-01-02, 1:21 pm

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/sunderland/black-cats-duo-to-miss-out-1865883.html#.VKaaw5VyaUk

Home > Football > England > Premiership > Sunderland 

Black Cats duo to miss out
Last Updated: Fri, 02 Jan 2015 10:44
Sunderland v Leeds United FA Cup Photo
Sunderland boss Gus Poyet is likely to be without Santiago Vergini and Lee Cattermole for the FA Cup clash with Leeds on Sunday.

After a hectic run of fixtures, Poyet is expected to make a raft of changes to his side but Cattermole has a groin injury and Vergini picked up a knock at City and so both look set to miss out.

Liam Bridcutt is a doubt after suffering concussion while full-backs Patrick van Aanholt (shoulder) and Anthony Reveillere (calf) are due to resume training on Monday, 24 hours after the cup tie.

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2015-01-02, 1:42 pm

Just got tickets for me and my two lads..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-01-02, 3:04 pm

Got my seat a couple of weeks ago...but now family visitibg:(

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-01-02, 5:43 pm

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/poyet-promises-strong-team-for-sunderland-s-73-rematch-with-leeds-but-cattermole-out-again-1-7030608

Poyet promises strong team for Sunderland’s ’73 rematch with Leeds, but Cattermole out again
Sunderland v Leeds United FA Cup 1120249798
Liam Bridcutt

Published on the 02 January
15:06
Published 02/01/2015 15:06

GUS POYET has pledged to field as strong a starting XI as possible in this weekend’s FA Cup third round clash with Leeds United.

Sunderland face their fifth game inside a fortnight on Sunday, when Championship Leeds visit the Stadium of Light - the first time the two sides have met in the FA Cup since the Black Cats’ famous Wembley victory in 1973.
But Poyet has a number of injury concerns prior to facing the club where he spent 13 months as assistant manager.
Lee Cattermole has been ruled out with a groin strain, while Wes Brown will almost certainly not feature either.
And with concerns over the likes of Santiago Vergini, Billy Jones and Seb Larsson too, Poyet expects to make changes, albeit he will attempt to keep them to a minimum.
“It’s not going to be an experiment or playing a weakened side,” said Poyet today.
“I’m going to try to change not too many.
“But when I mean not too many, I mean I’m going to try to play the best team I can play from the first-team squad.
“Sometimes, we are a little bit harsh when we say if you play Fletch up front and don’t play Connor, it’s one change.
“But with that change, you’re talking about Fletcher who didn’t play the other day not because of his form.
“It depends on how you make your changes.
“Saying that, yes, we’ve got a few problems.
“There’s players who’ve been playing with some pain and we need to be careful.
“We need to be careful because we don’t want to lose any players for next week.
“But we want to put the best team out that we can.”
However, Poyet will be boosted by the return of Liam Bridcutt after the midfielder missed yesterday’s 3-2 defeat to Manchester City as he recovered from concussion.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-01-02, 6:15 pm

I think most of the team will pick themselves apart from the back 4.

With Brown a none starter, Van Aanholt and Fenchy still a week or so away and Vergini a big doubt we seem to be left with O'Shea, Coates and Jones who has just played 3 games after a long injury.

One option is to play Rodwell at centre back, it was where he started.

I expect the starting 11 to be

Mannone, OShea, Coates, Bridcutt, Johnson, Giacchorrini, Alvarez,Fletcher and 3 others.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2015-01-02, 6:32 pm

Mannone

Jones                                Rodwell                                  Coates                    O'Shea

Bridcutt

Johnson                                              Gomez                                             Alverez

Giaccherini

Fletcher
barrowmackem
barrowmackem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-01-02, 7:11 pm

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-01-03, 6:24 am

Man in the middle..

MIKE DEAN

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2015-01-03, 7:52 am

With Brown and Vergini out I think we may see Jones at right back, Coates at Centre back with O'Shea and possibly a youngster at left back
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2015-01-03, 10:08 am

oldblackcat wrote:With Brown and Vergini out I think we may see Jones at right back, Coates at Centre back with O'Shea and possibly a youngster at left back
Why not try 3-5-2?
Leeds are poor so let's just go for it with just three at the back an attack minded midfield and two up front.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-01-03, 1:22 pm

SUNDERLAND’S full-back shortage is causing Gus Poyet his biggest selection headache for tomorrow’s FA Cup third round clash at home to Leeds United (1pm kick-off).

The Black Cats’ squad will be boosted by the return from injury of Anthony Reveillere and Patrick van Aanholt on Monday, with both full-backs likely to be in contention for next Saturday’s visit of Liverpool.
Without that pair, Billy Jones and Santiago Vergini have operated on either side of the defence for the last three games, yet both are worrying head coach Poyet.

Jones needs a breather after being thrown straight into the deep end following two months on the sidelines with a hamstring injury, while Vergini has barely trained over the last fortnight due to a tight hamstring and has been substituted in each of Sunderland’s last three games.
But with no other natural full-backs at Poyet’s disposal until the return of Reveillere and van Aanholt, the ex-Leeds assistant manager may have little choice than to include at least one of the pair for tomorrow’s Stadium of Light clash.

Poyet told the Echo: “The effort Santi has been making has been incredible. He’s been one of the players who has hardly trained, but managed to continue playing somehow.
“It’s tough.
“It’s tough on Billy too.
“You would think, after all that time out, he would play a game, then maybe another game and then rest him.
“Rest him? I’ve got no chance.
“It’s not ideal. Maybe if it was Tuesday or Wednesday, we’d have an extra player.
“But we need to respect the cup.
“It would be too easy for me to go ‘rest, rest, rest’ and get a load of players from the Under-21s and say ‘all the best’.”

Groin injury victim Lee Cattermole, along with veteran defender Wes Brown, will not be involved tomorrow, yet there are natural replacements available in fit-again Liam Bridcutt and Sebastian Coates.
Poyet faces one of two options at full-back, with Vergini the likeliest to miss out.
The Uruguayan can either hand a debut to academy product Tom Robson – an unused sub on three occasions this season – or use one of wing duo Will Buckley and Charis Mavrias as a makeshift right-back.
“They’ve done it, but that’s a risk,” said Poyet on Buckley and Mavrias. “But if you don’t have players, someone needs to play.”

He added on Robson: “My aim, I think I have said this many times, is that whenever we can achieve it – two years, three years – is to go down to the 21s and get a player who can go into the first-team.
“That’s not the case (at the moment).
“Robbo has been with us for a while and we put so much in his head that we confused him a little bit.
“Now he’s getting back on his feet.
“Is this the right game to play him from the beginning? I’m not sure because we need to be careful.
“Now if we need him, then he’ll have to jump in.
“But at the moment, I’d prefer to wait a bit longer. It’s different for an offensive player, if you score or run about it’s fine.

“But when it’s in defence, we need to make sure they really know the position and what they need to do.
“Maybe no-one recovers though and he needs to go in.”

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2015-01-03, 6:51 pm

Having read the bit about Robson and defenders a few times, can anybody tell me what on earth GP is talking about as I would have thought debuting against so called lesser teams would be a good starting point?
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-01-03, 9:20 pm

Well looking at injuries and the way Gus sets up my guess at tomorrows team is..

MANNONE
JONES..OSHEA..COATES..ROBSON
BRIDCUTT
JOHNSON..RODWELL..GIACHORRINI..WICKHAM
FLETCHER

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2015-01-04, 12:11 am

Wish we had been drawn away to be honest, but I will be there with my two lads hoping we can get through to round 4.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-01-04, 12:16 am

Leeds to win by 3 or 4 goals easy.

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2015-01-04, 12:31 am

1919 wrote:Leeds to win by 3 or 4 goals easy.
We will field a weakened side tomorrow, but they will still be too strong for the bunch of neck-enders that go by the name of Leeds United...I really hope that we humiliate Leeds with a 4 or 5 goal victory..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2015-01-04, 7:55 am

1919 wrote:Leeds to win by 3 or 4 goals easy.
morning Lee
barrowmackem
barrowmackem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2015-01-04, 7:59 am

Just having my morning cuppa MOTD has just come on then its on the road @ 9am with my daughter (Sunderland fan) and Son-in-Law (Leeds fan) He is not optimistic at all, all i say is and is true by the way its the FA Cup anything can happen.
barrowmackem
barrowmackem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-01-04, 8:03 am

barrowmackem wrote:Just having my morning cuppa MOTD has just come on then its on the road @ 9am with my daughter (Sunderland fan) and Son-in-Law (Leeds fan) He is not optimistic at all, all i say is and is true by the way its the FA Cup anything can happen.
Could be a very frosty ride home for someone, lets hope its the son in law  Twisted Evil

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-01-04, 8:04 am

MrRAWhite wrote:Wish we had been drawn away to be honest, but I will be there with my two lads hoping we can get through to round 4.
why?

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: