SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» What a delightful lady.
Today at 7:34 pm by Billy D

» Bradley Lowery to be honoured at SPOTY
Today at 7:06 pm by Hieronymus

» Results Week 17
Today at 7:03 pm by Hieronymus

» Cookie Coleman
Today at 7:02 pm by Hieronymus

» Thoughts are with you Vito
Today at 6:48 pm by Nostalgic

» Predictions - Boxing Day
Today at 6:12 pm by canary-dave

» Thoroughly ashamed
Today at 3:27 pm by Sid MCFC

» league Table Week 17
Today at 1:15 pm by Vincemac

» Predictions Week 19
Today at 1:11 pm by Vincemac

» Predictions New Year's Day
Today at 1:09 pm by Vincemac

Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 2 Bots

cyprussyd, Jerry the Jinx, sunderpitt

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Christmas Blog--The Spirit of Christmas.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Christmas Blog--The Spirit of Christmas.

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-12-23, 12:25 pm

SunderMad Blog

The Spirit of Christmas

Christmas day is hours away and excitement grows, families unite, food in abundance, presents under trees and we Mackems even get a derby win thrown in to make our Christmas complete, could it possibly get any better, happy, happy days.

Well yes that is indeed Christmas for many and I sincerely hope each and every one of you enjoy it, get all you wish for, will well and truly stuffed on Christmas day and above all savour that moment when little faces see their presents and wonder, how? A sigh all to quickly passed and consigned to memory, but very good memories all the same.

Sadly the past few days have reminded us of the other side of Christmas, the side we hope and pray will never visit us but with perfect timing seem to always visit someone around this time of year.

The death of Joe Cocker, a singer and entertainer who will be missed by me greatly but just bear a thought for the many unknown people who will not be here this Christmas and the many friends and families who will be spending their first Christmas with that familiar face not round their Christmas table,. RIP one and all.

The serious injury to Clarke Carlisle, a man setting off on his daily business who just happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, Clark will be spending his Christmas day in a hospital bed and his family will be gathering there rather than round the Christmas table. My thoughts and prayers go out to Clarke and his family.

But again lets remember all the not so famous people who will be also spending their Christmas day in an hospital bed and their families who will gather around the.

And lets not forget the hospital staff, cleaners, porters, nurses, doctors all of them doing all they can to make it a special Christmas day and missing out with their own families in doing it.

Then of course we had the tragic news from Glasgow yesterday, 6 people lost and who knows how many families who will be spending a very different Christmas day to the one they had planned.

There are no words so I wont even try, How will they feel, we can have no idea, it is unimaginable the grief those families will be feeling. I guess it will make us value the sight of our families on Christmas day all the more.

Glasgow hurts because its near to home, very near for many but America, Australia, France just three of the many countries that have felt the pain of loss. And of course at Christmas time what loss can be greater than the loss of children in a school in Pakistan.

Yesterday I caught a report about ISIS and how they just take girls for sex slaves. Take them, rape them and then sell them on, one man said with an excited smile how he would be happy to pay more for one with blue eyes.

No, not a documentary about barbaric time gone by but our advanced civilised world of 2014. I'm not sure how much those girls will be looking forward to Christmas day, not a lot is my guess.

I could of course write a book about the sadness injustice cruelty, unfairness, barbaric behaviour and don right nastiness of our world today but you all know how bad it is.

We little people of no real importance in the scheme of things can do little to change all this badness but we can spend a brief moment on Christmas day thinking of absent friends and the many far worse of than we are.

If little Johnny is a tad disappointed at not getting ALL the latest gadgets remind him he is getting more than many.

If little Jenny things the other 5 Frozen characters are better than the one she has just reminder, many children are just frozen.

And we we adults get all stressed and guilty about how we should have done better, look around, look at the people gathered there, the fact that you are with them and they with you is a gift to indeed savour.

Happy Christmas to one and all, enjoy what you have because many don't have it.

sant sant sant sant sant sant sant sant sant sant

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas Blog--The Spirit of Christmas.

Post  canary-dave on 2014-12-23, 12:33 pm

APPL APPL APPL APPL

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Siddall on 2014-12-23, 12:40 pm

Tragedies, whether we are responsible or not, unite us in a unique way. It's our response to the precarious nature of the world and our potential to be destructive. Our humanity is global, our mutual cooperation is a creative force. It is the will of the common people (not politicians) that prevails.
Siddall
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2014-12-23, 1:31 pm

Great post Syd...I'm sitting here moaning about having a pulled muscle in my back and this has put my measly complaints into perspective..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-12-23, 1:36 pm

MrRAWhite wrote:Great post Syd...I'm sitting here moaning about having a pulled muscle in my back and this has put my measly complaints into perspective..
get well soon brother

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2014-12-23, 2:22 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
MrRAWhite wrote:Great post Syd...I'm sitting here moaning about having a pulled muscle in my back and this has put my measly complaints into perspective..
get well soon brother
Self inflicted as I was swinging someone around in the club when the goal went in...It went absolutely mental, but I didn't feel the pain until next day..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2014-12-23, 3:01 pm

MrRAWhite wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
get well soon brother
Self inflicted as I was swinging someone around in the club when the goal went in...It went absolutely mental, but I didn't feel the pain until next day..

Unlike the Mags who felt it straight away!   Very Happy

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum