SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Sunderland vs Benfica B - Thursday 18th July
Tamir Rice, 12, Shot Dead EmptyYesterday at 11:38 pm by Hieronymus

» Got my pass, have you got yours?
Tamir Rice, 12, Shot Dead EmptyYesterday at 9:01 pm by Vincemac

» Good Luck
Tamir Rice, 12, Shot Dead Empty2019-07-17, 8:53 pm by Lever Malone

» Portugal
Tamir Rice, 12, Shot Dead Empty2019-07-17, 4:23 pm by cyprussyd

» SCMP
Tamir Rice, 12, Shot Dead Empty2019-07-16, 6:19 pm by gil t azell

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
Tamir Rice, 12, Shot Dead Empty2019-07-15, 11:17 pm by Hieronymus

» Wahbi Khazri
Tamir Rice, 12, Shot Dead Empty2019-07-15, 8:44 am by Hieronymus

» Love departs
Tamir Rice, 12, Shot Dead Empty2019-07-14, 9:08 am by barrowmackem

» McGeady
Tamir Rice, 12, Shot Dead Empty2019-07-14, 9:06 am by barrowmackem

» Twitter 1
Tamir Rice, 12, Shot Dead Empty2019-07-12, 5:19 pm by Hieronymus

Tamir Rice, 12, Shot Dead

Go down

Tamir Rice, 12, Shot Dead Empty Tamir Rice, 12, Shot Dead

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-11-24, 4:43 pm

[ltr] Tamir Rice, 12, Shot  By Cleveland Police After Brandishing Fake[/ltr]

[ltr]Huffington Post UK/ AP  | By Sara C Nelson[/ltr]

[ltr]A 12-year-old boy has been shot dead by police in Cleveland after brandishing what turned out to be a replica gun.
Tamir Rice died from his wounds on Sunday, a day after officers responded to an emergency call about someone waving a “probably fake” gun in a playground.
Deputy Chief Ed Tomba said one officer fired twice after the boy pulled the fake weapon — which was lacking the orange safety indicator usually found on the muzzle — from his waistband but had not pointed it at police.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/ltr]

[ltr]Tamir Rice died from his wounds on Sunday[/ltr]

[ltr]
The boy did not make any verbal threats but grabbed the replica handgun after being told to raise his hands, Tomba said.
"That's when the officer fired," he said.
Police described the weapon as an "airsoft" type replica that resembled a semi-automatic handgun. The orange safety indicator had been removed, police said.

[ltr]The replica gun Tamir was seen with before he was shot[/ltr]

[ltr]
The two officers involved in the shooting have been placed on administrative leave, which is standard procedure. The Cleveland Plain Dealer reported that the officers are a first-year rookie and a 10-year department veteran.
The police department has collected surveillance video and other evidence and will present it to the county prosecutor's office, the newspaper said without citing a source. It said after reviewing the evidence prosecutors will present the case to a grand jury, which will decide whether the officer was justified in using force against the boy.
An attorney for the boy's family, Timothy Kucharski, said Tamir went to the park with friends Saturday afternoon, but he did not know the details of what led to his shooting.[/ltr]

[ltr]The last words of Michael Brown and 8 other black men killed by law enforcement[/ltr]

[ltr]
"I don't want to make a rush to judgment," he said.
Kucharski said he wants to talk to witnesses himself and get more facts. "We're ultimately going to find out what happened," he said.
A man who called 911 told dispatchers the boy was on a swing set and pointing a pistol that was "probably fake" and scaring everyone.
The caller said the boy was pulling the gun in and out of his waistband.[/ltr]

SEE ALSO: 'I Don't Have A Gun, Stop Shooting': The Last Words Of Michael Brown & 8 Other Black Men Killed By Law Enforcement

[ltr]
"I don't know if it's real or not," the caller said.
Jeff Follmer, president of the Cleveland Police Patrolmen's Association, said the officers were not told the caller thought the gun might be fake.
The officer called to the playground outside a city recreation centre saw the pistol on a bench, and watched the boy grab it and put it in his waistband, Follmer said.
State Rep. Alicia Reece of Cincinnati announced on Sunday that she will introduce legislation to require all BB guns, air rifles and airsoft guns sold in Ohio to be brightly coloured or have prominent fluorescent strips.

[ltr]Crime scene tape cordons off the area where Tamir was shot[/ltr]

[ltr]
Reece, president of the Ohio Legislative Black Caucus, said she is introducing the bill in response to the fatal shootings of the boy and 22-year-old John Crawford III. It could help "prevent future deadly confrontations," she said in a statement.
Crawford was fatally shot by police on 5 August after a man called 911 to report he was carrying a gun in a supermarket.
Police said they believed the air rifle Crawford had picked up was a real rifle and that he didn't respond to commands to drop it.
A special grand jury concluded the police officers' actions were justified. The U.S. Department of Justice is investigating the shooting.[/ltr]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Tamir Rice, 12, Shot Dead Empty Re: Tamir Rice, 12, Shot Dead

Post  Guest on 2014-11-24, 5:08 pm

Well done the polis.

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2014-11-24, 6:15 pm

In a country where ALL policemen are armed, how stupid to ignore the police warning, there was only ever going to be one outcome, no matter haw sad that is!

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-11-24, 6:25 pm

Well not like me to be looking at it from a different angle.

Stupid, sad, silly whatever words are used I see it that a 12 year old is dead, a policemen will surely be affected and all because they all walk about over there thinking guns are a good thing.

America is proof that guns do not stop killings and crime, they escalate it.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2014-11-24, 7:24 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Well not like me to be looking at it from a different angle.

Stupid, sad, silly whatever words are used I see it that a 12 year old is dead, a policemen will surely be affected and all because they all walk about over there thinking guns are a good thing.

America is proof that guns do not stop killings and crime, they escalate it.

How right you are Syd, tragic all round.  Crying or Very sad
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2014-11-24, 9:50 pm

Shows you just how endemic guns are in US when the 911 caller reported it was probably fake, but who would take a chance on finding out?
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum