SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Lee Cattermole
Keyboard help anyone? EmptyToday at 1:49 am by Nostalgic

» Charlton v Sunderland
Keyboard help anyone? EmptyYesterday at 8:22 pm by Nostalgic

» Come back Theresa
Keyboard help anyone? Empty2019-05-24, 8:08 pm by canary-dave

» Annette's new diet is working
Keyboard help anyone? Empty2019-05-23, 6:00 pm by canary-dave

» London-Breaking News
Keyboard help anyone? Empty2019-05-23, 4:51 pm by Sid MCFC

» Stewart Donald, never fails to amaze me.
Keyboard help anyone? Empty2019-05-23, 3:06 pm by Kipper

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
Keyboard help anyone? Empty2019-05-22, 10:55 pm by Hieronymus

» New Home Strip
Keyboard help anyone? Empty2019-05-22, 10:49 pm by Hieronymus

» New Scotland manager
Keyboard help anyone? Empty2019-05-22, 6:38 pm by cyprussyd

» Playoff final, a Charlton view
Keyboard help anyone? Empty2019-05-21, 9:50 am by Vincemac

Keyboard help anyone?

Go down

Keyboard help anyone? Empty Keyboard help anyone?

Post  Jerry the Jinx on 2014-11-10, 5:50 pm

Couple of weeks ago I managed to spill diet coke on my laptop keyboard - and yes Syd it was definitely DC and not alcohol
Keys were a bit sticky for a few hours, but then seemed ok
Now they've gon wappy and I'm struggling to log on to anything because I can't type passwords into anything, can't use the @ key and find myself just typing gobbledygook - I know, no change there
Anyway, anyone got any suggestions on how to clean it properly?
Jerry the Jinx
Jerry the Jinx
Admin & Predictor Queen
Admin & Predictor Queen

Back to top Go down

Keyboard help anyone? Empty Re: Keyboard help anyone?

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2014-11-10, 6:08 pm

Jerry the Jinx wrote:Couple of weeks ago I managed to spill diet coke on my laptop keyboard - and yes Syd it was definitely DC and not alcohol
Now they've gon wappy and I'm struggling to log on to anything because I can't type passwords into anything, can't use the @ key and find myself just typing gobbledygook - I know, no change there

Quite straight forward as you should be able to just "pop" the keys out. I should know as the kids have allowed me to learn this particular parental skill!

I use alcohol to wet clean & air to dry clean. If it was a major accident you'll need to get a copy of the owners manual to take the thing apart.

If your still stumped & you want to take the top off I'll be back in a couple of hours.... pirat

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry the Jinx on 2014-11-10, 6:28 pm

Cheers BCK
However that sounds beyond my technical expertise - and patience
Something for Nick to do on his day off tomorrow I think Twisted EvilTwisted Evil
Jerry the Jinx
Jerry the Jinx
Admin & Predictor Queen
Admin & Predictor Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2014-11-10, 6:38 pm

Jerry the Jinx wrote:Cheers BCK
However that sounds beyond my technical expertise - and patience
Something for Nick to do on his day off tomorrow I think Twisted EvilTwisted Evil

If you take it to a computer repair shop, they'll do it for about £25

sma

canary-dave
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2014-11-10, 7:21 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Jerry the Jinx wrote:Couple of weeks ago I managed to spill diet coke on my laptop keyboard - and yes Syd it was definitely DC and not alcohol

Quite straight forward as you should be able to just "pop" the keys out. I should know as the kids have allowed me to learn this particular parental skill!

I use alcohol to wet clean & air to dry clean. If it was a major accident you'll need to get a copy of the owners manual to take the thing apart.

If your still stumped & you want to take the top off I'll be back in a couple of hours.... pirat
That's a bit suggestive of you mind!!!

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-11-10, 7:26 pm

MrRAWhite wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

It may well be but I will be back in a couple of hours to watch, fingers crossed.

Go for it Jerry

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2014-11-10, 8:05 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
MrRAWhite wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

It may well be but I will be back in a couple of hours to watch, fingers crossed.

Go for it Jerry

affraid  ....dirty old men... 

Seriously though Dave's suggestion is a good one but if you have the time, about six to eight screws is all it takes if Nick wants a play  Wink

Happy now fella's lol!

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-11-10, 8:11 pm

What time is the great unveiling, I have my camera ready

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2014-11-11, 11:06 am

Had same problem with mine. Except mine was alcoholic.

For future reference, remove battery immediately. 

Thought I'd done a good job drying it with kitchen roll, etc, But no luck. Some keys worked, others didn't. So I could keep in contact with this luverrly web site (Pinnochio mode again), I bought a cheap keyboard at "Everything a Pound" type shop, plugged it into laptop, and bingo ! So pleased with self.

Man called Tom (thought you might want to know that !) in pub is a wiz with all things computer. He works servicing the fancy electronic supermarket tills - knows his stuff but his instructions are a bit wobbly at times. He said you can replace keys, but beware you often break them as you do it. That was so true. I did as I was removing the ones that didn't work. He said the magic words, "Bring it in and I'll do it" - brilliant. 

Googled what to do and got onto YouTube. Step by step guide for thickies like me. They were even using my Dell model but there are also HP, Acer, Asus, etc. Found a new keyboard on eBay for £9.50, original Dell item. It arrived in 2 days. Followed the video, and the rest is history. So easy it took me longer to remove the screw out of the access lid than it took to do the lot. Seems the little screw is sorted so it tells Dell whether you have had the back off for Warranty claims, etc.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum