SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» What a delightful lady.
Today at 7:34 pm by Billy D

» Bradley Lowery to be honoured at SPOTY
Today at 7:06 pm by Hieronymus

» Results Week 17
Today at 7:03 pm by Hieronymus

» Cookie Coleman
Today at 7:02 pm by Hieronymus

» Thoughts are with you Vito
Today at 6:48 pm by Nostalgic

» Predictions - Boxing Day
Today at 6:12 pm by canary-dave

» Thoroughly ashamed
Today at 3:27 pm by Sid MCFC

» league Table Week 17
Today at 1:15 pm by Vincemac

» Predictions Week 19
Today at 1:11 pm by Vincemac

» Predictions New Year's Day
Today at 1:09 pm by Vincemac

Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 2 Bots

canary-dave, cyprussyd

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Farage & Johnson

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Farage & Johnson

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-10-12, 4:32 pm

SunderMad Blog

Farage & Johnson

Yes its Nigel and Boris I mean, pass the sick bags I hear many shout and indeed if you are a staunch Labour supporter you will detest Boris and all he stands for.

Likewise if you are Labour, Tory, LibDem or any other fan Nigel will leave you cold, the aim of this blog is not to convert you to either, its more to question the why.

Without doubt both men are men of the moment with Boris loved by some, liked by many but importantly he is being positioned to become the next Tory leader and who knows, PM.

Then we have Nigel, again loved by many, liked by some and written off as a right wing fool by lots, including the PM. But, and its an important but, he has momentum and is doing the one thing the other parties are failing miserably with, leading a fast growing political party.

Now I'm sure many on here will swear quietly and say nothing or maybe tell me all the wrongs of both men, its what the political elite have been doing for years and in doing so have totally missed the point.

What we should be doing is asking why?

Unlike some I simply do not accept that everyone who likes, loves or listens to either man is a fool who is easily conned and cant see behind the mask. Both men have a popularity that Cameron and Milliband would love, again I ask, why?

I would put forward a simple but I think true fact, both have left behind the mould that politicians have become used to hiding behind, the we must not say the wrong thing so better say nothing. I have watched years of today's political leaders evade answering questions, pointing out the other lots faults rather than risk giving what they felt are there good points, less chance of dropping a bollock that way.

Farage and Johnson both are good box office and a big part of that is they simply answer questions, we may agree or disagree with what they say but at least we know, in the main, what they think and what they believe in.

Now of course both are good political operators so both can still use some spin and act the part but in the main I do believe we know what they believe in.

The Tory masses are desperate to see Boris become leader because they know he will connect with their core vote and will appeal to some of the floaters, you may not like Boris but its not you the party faithful are after.

In Farage and UKIP I read a lot about policies but again I think a concentration on policies would be wrong. Not even Farage believes that UKIP will get anywhere near real power so the more extreme policies will remain just that, extreme policies and will never become law. What IMO the growing number of UKIP followers want is change.

A change in the two party choice with either left or right, they want a better choice. Above all they have had enough of being taken for fools with avoiding questions and being ignored, they have had enough of the Westminster out of touch politicians.

The Scottish referendum told us a lot and the no vote was not the headline, the turnout, the inclusion of the young and the 1.6 million who voted yes was the real news.

UKIPS first MP and the surge in their popularity is sending out a strong message, not we want UKIP to lead us but we want you to listen to us and work for us.

UKIPs first MP sent out a plain message to the voters of Clacton, vote for me and I will work for you, that how it used to be.

I don't blame politicians and there was a time when you at least felt like the local MP was on your side, I remember the years of Manny Shinwell, the labour MP who I grew up with and who I felt was my MP. These were the days before 24 hour news, The parliament Channel and presentation being more important than substance.

We have allowed, IMO, our political system to become all presentation, how Miliband eats a bacon sandwich has become far more important than his views on say immigration.

Gordon Brown, William Hague, Michael Foot, John Major all fell to a large extent because of their dress sense, their dullness or greyness when in reality we should have judged them on their policies.

I would suggest that both Nigel and Boris get their popularity in some part from not being the political norm.

Boris can act the fool, get things wrong and when he does he accepts his mistake.
Nigel smokes, drinks and looks none PC.

I think red, blue or Orange is not what the electorate are looking at, they are saying we want you to be you, be honest and look after us but above all, listen to us.

I will nip out now and find my tin hat.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Farage & Johnson

Post  canary-dave on 2014-10-12, 5:53 pm

Syd, I have no real problem with Nigel, he is well meaning and generally refreshingly honest! He makes a few mistakes, but then, who doesn't? I think he means what he says and I think he is cleverly using current political turmoil to enhance his own position, and rightly so!

As for Boris, I have read your report of how he helped you in your time of need and bloody good on him! I wonder if this may have interfered with your observations of him at work! He plays the buffoon to hide the fact he is a nasty, sexist piece of work who I will never trust as far as I could throw him! I'm sorry if that upsets you Syd, but that is precisely how I view him, my opinion of him is less likely to change than that of MrRAW and Maggie Thatcher!

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-10-12, 5:58 pm

canary-dave wrote:Syd, I have no real problem with Nigel, he is well meaning and generally refreshingly honest! He makes a few mistakes, but then, who doesn't? I think he means what he says and I think he is cleverly using current political turmoil to enhance his own position, and rightly so!

As for Boris, I have read your report of how he helped you in your time of need and bloody good on him! I wonder if this may have interfered with your observations of him at work! He plays the buffoon to hide the fact he is a nasty, sexist piece of work who I will never trust as far as I could throw him! I'm sorry if that upsets you Syd, but that is precisely how I view him, my opinion of him is less likely to change than that of MrRAW and Maggie Thatcher!
Now I'm sure many on here will swear quietly and say nothing or maybe tell me all the wrongs of both men, its what the political elite have been doing for years and in doing so have totally missed the point.

And you did, you also have me down as a Boris fan but this is nothing to do with that.Am I trying to change opinions, no.

I am asking what we can learn from their popularity and if we dont want to try and understand then fair enough. I do so will keep looking Dave

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2014-10-12, 6:38 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
canary-dave wrote:Syd, I have no real problem with Nigel, he is well meaning and generally refreshingly honest! He makes a few mistakes, but then, who doesn't? I think he means what he says and I think he is cleverly using current political turmoil to enhance his own position, and rightly so!

And you did, you also have me down as a Boris fan but this is nothing to do with that.Am I trying to change opinions, no.

I am asking what we can learn from their popularity and if we dont want to try and understand then fair enough. I do so will keep looking Dave

I understand the question Syd, both men are using the desire for change of the vast majority of the voting public to bolster their own desires for political gain, I'm saying that imo, Boris is doing so deceitfully, pretending to be something he's not, which, again in my opinion, places him on a par with the mainstream leaders in being unsuitable to promote change, whereas Nigel would probably implement too much change but both may be useful in reigning in the others to be more in line with what Joe Public needs!

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-10-12, 6:45 pm

The question wasn't really about the two men and their motives its about why people follow them, what the other politicians can learn from them.

We will never all agree on them or any other politician and their views but unless we, or more to the point our leaders, take notice of the why these two have a following we will just have more of the same and I'm not sure how long the public will put up with that.

I certainly agree with little of what Boris says but I never miss him saying it.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum