SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Tottenham have sacked manager Mauricio Pochettino
Sunderland Opera EmptyToday at 2:51 pm by wanderer

» What possibly could go wrong
Sunderland Opera EmptyToday at 2:49 pm by wanderer

» Predictions Week 16
Sunderland Opera EmptyToday at 2:38 pm by barrowmackem

» would be funny
Sunderland Opera EmptyToday at 1:04 pm by canary-dave

» Sunderland v Coventry City
Sunderland Opera EmptyToday at 12:29 pm by canary-dave

» Political debates
Sunderland Opera EmptyToday at 8:54 am by wanderer

» Cup replay
Sunderland Opera EmptyToday at 8:07 am by cyprussyd

» Appoint a decent manager
Sunderland Opera EmptyToday at 6:06 am by Steve30000

» always makes me cry
Sunderland Opera EmptyYesterday at 8:35 pm by cyprussyd

» What do i do?
Sunderland Opera EmptyYesterday at 7:05 pm by Hieronymus

Sunderland Opera

Go down

Sunderland Opera Empty Sunderland Opera

Post  Hieronymus on 2014-10-11, 10:57 am

Anyone see this on the local news last night? I missed it myself but will certainly be going to see this when it premieres if I get the chance. David Almond wrote the script for the brilliant Great North Millionth Runner opening celebration last month, which was amazing. If they manage to capture the energy and emotion that we all feel on a weekly basis, this could be a really great event.

Sunderland story to be told in football opera
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Author David Almond said football was passionate, like opera

Plans for an opera telling the story of Sunderland Football Club - including the team's 1973 FA Cup win - have been unveiled.
An Opera for Sunderland has been commissioned by the Music in the Minster charity, bringing opera experts to the city to share their skills.
The work will be written by award-winning children's author David Almond and Spanish composer Marcos Fernandez.
Mr Almond said the passionate language of football was ideal for opera.
'Saviours and messiahs'
"I love football, I love opera and I love the North East," he said.
"Football is imbued with operatic language and emotion - saviours and messiahs, destiny and miracles, glory and disappointment, joy and despair.
"It has a wonderful soundscape - the singing, the groaning, the cheering of crowds.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The opera will feature Sunderland's famous 1973 FA Cup final win over Leeds while a Second Division team

"I aim to write a story that embodies the passion of football and draws on the club's great history."
The project is being funded by the Arts Council England.
Project artistic director Alison Barton added: "I remember the atmosphere in Sunderland when the Black Cats won the FA Cup in 1973. It was like an electric current running right through every home, school, workplace and street.
"The next time I felt that way was on stage as a teenager, appearing in my first opera. Parallels between football and opera are legion."
An Opera for Sunderland will premiere at Sunderland Minster in November 2015.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Sunderland Opera Empty Re: Sunderland Opera

Post  cyprussyd on 2014-10-11, 1:49 pm

yes I am the sad person sitting in last night who saw it, thats the life I lead.

Looked interesting and may well be worth a visit when ready

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Sunderland Opera Empty A NIGHT AT THE OPERA

Post  Guest on 2014-10-12, 7:19 pm

A night at the opera for Sunderland AFC
.fotorama1413137467986 .fotorama__nav--thumbs .fotorama__nav__frame{ padding:2px; height:64px} .fotorama1413137467986 .fotorama__thumb-border{ height:60px; border-width:2px; margin-top:2px}

Sunderland Opera 3311082
Award winning North East author David Almond (2nd from right) Sunderland-born Artistic Director Alison Barton from Music in the Minster (2nd from left) International award-winning composer Marcos Fernandez (left) and Musical Director Marco Romano (right)
Sunderland Opera 3311084
Award winning North East author David Almond (left) Sunderland-born Artistic Director Alison Barton from Music in the Minster (right) International award-winning composer Marcos Fernandez (centre right) and Musical Director Marco Romano (centre left) who
Sunderland Opera 3311083
Award winning North East author David Almond (2nd from left) Sunderland-born Artistic Director Alison Barton from Music in the Minster (left) International award-winning composer Marcos Fernandez (right) and Musical Director Marco Romano (2nd from right)

Sunderland Opera ?type=thumb

First published 17:12 Sunday 12 October 2014 in News by Andrew Douglas
FANS at the Stadium of Light like nothing better than to bellow their support for their beloved Black Cats.
But now Sunderland AFC is providing the inspiration for a rather different class of singing.

For Opera for Sunderland is being commissioned by Music in the Minster - a registered charity that brings experts from the world of opera to share their skills with the communities of Wearside.
However every good opera needs a story people can identify with, so Sunderland AFC has been chosen to be at the heart of the operatic story.
It will be written by award-winning North-East author David Almond while the music will be composed by Marcos Fernandez.
“Football is imbued with operatic language and emotion: saviours and messiahs, destiny and miracles, glory and disappointment, joy and despair," said Mr Almond.
“I aim to write a story that embodies the passion of football, that focuses on Sunderland AFC and its great supporters, that draws on the club's great history, and that is filled with the poetic accent, rhythms
and dialect of north eastern speech. “
Mr Fernandez, added: "It is a community I feel is similar to my own in the city of Barcelona, where football also plays a big role in society.”

An Opera for Sunderland will premiere at Sunderland Minster in November 2015. Details, including how to take part, will be available later this autumn. For the latest updates by email, sign up to Music in the Minster’s
mailing list at www.musicintheminster.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Sunderland Opera Empty Re: Sunderland Opera

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum